Originally Posted By: ItalianForever
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
That's being pretty obtuse in fairness. It's not just about video poker. The guy is/was the defacto head of a criminal organization. Why is the lawyer (who isn't even Italian-American) using the Italian card? Most Italian-Americans would be disgusted by reprobates like Ligambi using their ethnicity to cry injustice.

Don't complain about the American justice system. There is nothing wrong with it.

In the United Kingdom and Ireland custodial sentences are a joke.

Edit: So if someone like say Di Pietro is murdered the order for that doesn't come down from Ligambi? If drugs are sold by soldiers that doesn't come down from Ligambi?

What does the cartel have to do with it? That's a strawman right there.

A foreigner, badmouthing a country and a justice system he doesn't understand, while worshipping neighborhoods in America he has A, never been to and b, will never go to.

The fact that Jacobs was able to get Ligambi out on that case is a miracle. RICO is stacked against the defense. YOu shoulden't be insulting the man as morally obtuse because he was doing his job to represent his client. That is how it works in this country, you get hired to defend someone, you defend them.

As far as the Italian thing, he was summarizing the defenses and defendants feelings. Cutler wasn't Italian either, do you have a problem with him too?

Seriously, another foreign America basher who worships our culture so bad he dreams he could live in Yonkers for one day.

1. I never said there is anything wrong with the American
justice system. In fact I said the opposite.

2. I have never, ever, badmouthed America on this forum. I respect other countries.

3. The insulation prevalent in the mafia protects cowards like Ligambi from being punished for involvement in murders, extortion, loansharking and various other criminal acts. So RICO is quite necessary to combat the organizational and hierarchical aspect of the mob; because the deck was actually historically stacked against the feds.

4. I agree everyone has a right to fair representation. That is what is great about America. Unfortunately it also means morally unscrupulous lawyers like Jacobs can get pedophiles off, or mobsters off with the blood money they pay him from illegally gained assets.

5. I have a problem with people like Ligambi crying racism or social injustice, yes. They don't speak for the Italian-American community. They are criminals and a drain on society.

6. Again. Show me where I have bashed America? I bashed a bloodsucking lawyer and I bashed a career criminal. What is wrong with either of those things.

I don't know why people are taking my opinions so seriously. I am entitled to my opinion and I respect everyone else's.

I have no idea what's so polarizing about what I am saying to begin with.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.