Just finished reading "Kill The Irishman" by Rick Porello.

The reviews said the book was written horribly, more like a crime blotter and less like a storyline. But it didn't read that way to me. The recounting of events in the bombing war that went back and forth between Danny Greene and his enemies was fast paced, exciting, and to the point.

That said, I don't agree that Danny Greene was the tipping point that brought down the nationwide conspiracy known as the mafia. The book portrays Greene as the final straw, the last victim that would wreak havoc on the stability of the mob and lead to it's near total collapse. I don't agree with that at all. Seems more like a ploy to pump Greene up to be something he wasn't....all in an effort to pump the book about Greene into something it isn't.

The retelling of his sordid affairs before he become embroiled in a war against the weak Cleveland mafia was also disappointing. He was no Robbin Hood, taking from the rich and giving to the poor while defying the mafia. He was stealing from the poor, during his career in his labor union. That revelation sort of deflated any image the reader was hoping for before they opened the book.

Is this book a recommended read? Yes, but not so good that you need to spend money on it.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."