Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Mob Boss is seriously embellished IMO. D'Arco was nothing more than a puppet, yes man for Casso & Amuso. Of course in the book, he claims otherwise. And I'm not sure what to make of his claims of all his dealings with real Genovese heavyweights during the 70's. The guy lived in apartment tenements all his life, was never really a good earner, and wasn't made until he was in his 50's. And at least one of his claims is flat out wrong, and that's the origins of the American Mafia, and it being New Jersey with some secret society called "The Church". Good book though if you're looking for a book about a lower rung guy, instead of a boss, which is what D'Arco was for most of his life.
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Mob Boss is seriously embellished IMO. D'Arco was nothing more than a puppet, yes man for Casso & Amuso. Of course in the book, he claims otherwise. And I'm not sure what to make of his claims of all his dealings with real Genovese heavyweights during the 70's. The guy lived in apartment tenements all his life, was never really a good earner, and wasn't made until he was in his 50's. And at least one of his claims is flat out wrong, and that's the origins of the American Mafia, and it being New Jersey with some secret society called "The Church". Good book though if you're looking for a book about a lower rung guy, instead of a boss, which is what D'Arco was for most of his life.

The fact is , he was a Boss.

Living in an apartment, where he lived was chosen, a way of life that many never traded in for many reasons. Even The Chin and many other people who have and had plenty of resources to live anywhere "chose" to live where they have family, protection, stability and a feeling of security that is priceless.

Judging someone for that reason is rediculous.

I did live in the same type of neighborhood and understand this completely.

On another note, I wonder who , without the right skills, could have survived working for those two mutt losers.

You?

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.