Just saw the movie Jersey boys. I saw the play liked that. I thought the mivie's sounds was not that clear.

But I did notice something interesting. In the movie these guys robbed a safe. They managed to get it down the stairs some how. On of them pulls up in a car or something. They attached a pulley to the safe to lift it and take it away.

But the safe was too heavy and the front of the vehicle was pulled up off the ground. One of the jersey boys got caught and did 6 months.

When I was a kid in east Harlem a guy named horse from a Hun 8 street. Try to rob a safe from a key food store. It was a big safe right against the front window of the store. He steals a truck has a pulley on that crashes the truck throw the key food front window. He attaches the pulley to the safe and tries to lift the safe on to the truck. Same thing happens front of the truck goes off the ground. He gets caught I forget how much time he got.

Does anyone know if the story they told in the movie actually happened. The robbery in Harlem did actually happen.

The reason I ask in the 80s I got friendly with Joe Pesce and I am pretty sure I told him about the key food robbery. I am wondering whether he told that story to Eastwood and they decided to put it into the movie?

only the unloved hate