Originally Posted By: Revis_Island
Those are all fair points. I personally loved Pike's performance. I just think they way she went from house wife to a cold calculating killer was just great. I love Affleck as a director. As an actor I don't think he ruins a movie but I don't think he takes it to a different stratosphere like say Dicaprio does now. But I think I've seen all of the most highly praised movies so far this outside of whiplash and inherent vice. I never thought of the 24 hour camera thing before but good catch. I'd still say either that or birdman is overall the best. Maybe it's because of the competition in the best picture category for me. I found last year's best picture category to be much stronger. If wolf of Wall Street had been released this year maybe it would've won. I also want to see that jonah hill and james Franco movie "true story". Looks good. It'll be out in May.

For me both of the last two years nominees have been strong. Of the nominees this year i've yet to see Selma or American Sniper. I'd honestly be fine if Whiplash, Boyhood, Bidman or The Grand Budapest Hotel won, but i can't say i enjoyed The Imitation Game or The Theory of Everything too much. Still 2/3 for the Oscars is not bad, considering i usually only like 1 or 2 and think the best of the year have been ignored.

J.K Simmons in Whiplash is my favourite performance from the nominees i've seen, with Michael Keaton in Birdman a close second, and Patricia Arquette in Boyhood my favourite female performance. Looks like Julianne Moore who i love will get the Best Actress Oscar, but for this seriously? Complete Oscar-Bait performance rolleyes .