Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Glengarry Glen Ross is a great movie. Arkin was good in that but hard to choose between him, Baldwin, Harris, Spacey and Pacino. Jack Lemmon was the star of that show though. One of the best performances I've seen.

Jack Lemmon was one of the ten greatest actors of the 20th century. And you're right, he was brilliant in that film.

And I'm not sure if you're familiar with the playwright, David Mamet, who wrote "Glengarry." But his plays are VERY difficult to adapt to the big screen. For example, I saw Pacino do "American Buffalo" in the early '80s. He owned the role of Teach. But I personally don't think Dustin Hoffman did the role justice in the film. And Hoffman is one of the greatest actors who ever lived.

Point being, they assembled the right crew of actors for "Glengarry." And the thing that made Pacino's role so impressive is that he filmed that movie and "Scent of a Woman" literally back to back.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.