Theres a new Vito Rizzuto book coming out, I'm sure most of you are aware by now, it chronicles his final months on this world, and the final war and bloodshed he brought to Canada and his enemies and the guys who crossed him after he went away. Looks really good, was gonna pre-order, but realized that it isnt written by the guys who wrote The Sixth Family, so it may not be as good. So I'm just going to wait and see what the reviews are when its out.

Out of all the LCN books I've read, the Vinny Gorgeous book was by the worst. It was just so boring, and really,I don't think it told a lot about what Basciano did and brought to the Bonnano's. It loosely covers his reign as acting boss, the talks with Massino in prison, and the Polizzi murder. The later chapters also have more to do with Dom Cicale than anything else Way too much time was spent on the Blue Thunder cade, and I wouldve preferred to learn more about why guys like Philly Lucky and Big Trinny chose to bring him around and involve him in the life at such a young age. And the impact those two had on his life. It was cool learning that Bruno Indelicato returned to NY, and was still a heavyweight within the family and basically Basciano's right hand and Cicales mentor, eeven with Massino (the guy who ordered his dads killing) still in the picture as boss.

The D'Arco book is exaggerated, from what I've heard, he as never that close to Hickey DiLorenzo or the Beck brothers. Pretty sure Amuso & Casso never feared the guy either. And that story of he and Casso crying together in a park before Casso went on the lam, comical bullshit. Also I'm pretty sure the story he told of his friend Ralph Musci, beating up Benny Eggs, while Benny Eggs was a Capo or possibly at the mentioned time period, underboss, and Musci and D'Arco werent even made at the time is pure bullshit. They would've been dead and we'd have never heard of Al D'Arco. He says they were going to murder him which led to him flipping, he and Sal Avellino. But he says prior to that meeting, he had already taken the card of an FBI agent, which probably means he was going to rat anyway. He then says he called Avellino the day after and Avellino knew he was going to be killed along with Al. Yet wr know Avellino continued to earn and be with the Lucchese's, why would he stick around guys he knew wanted him dead?

Just ordered Five Families and Operation Family Secrets and I Heard You Paint Houses. Looking forward to getting into those very soon.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 11/09/14 10:51 AM.