Quote:
Alfa, didn't Pistone also say this in his book?

On the orders of his own capo, Dominick (Sonny Black) Napolitano, Pistone headed out to find Indelicato - with a .25-caliber automatic.

It turned out the caller had bum information, but the former lawman admits he would have pulled the trigger on Indelicato before jeopardizing his life or the operation. "If Bruno's there, he's gone," Pistone writes.

"If I have to put a bullet in his head, I will, and I'll deal with the federal government and the Staten Island DA later. ... There's no doubt they both would charge me for murder. The Bureau would brand me a rogue agent and hang me out."

During his six years infiltrating Sonny Black's vicious crew, Pistone dug up enough evidence to put away nearly 200 mobsters, all while making life-or-death decisions on how far to take his role-playing.

Yes Bean, that is almost a word for word quote, and it's profound.

He said something similar on the Arsenio Hall Show, and that is on video. Arsenio nodded when he heard the comment, but seemed disgusted in some way that he didn't want to show. At least that's what I saw.

Throughout Joe's bibliography, he describes how hits go down, as if he was in the room.

I don't intent to besmirch the good name of this mighty FBI agent, a member of New York City's first SWAT team, but I think the reason the FBI pulled the plug on his operation was because they didn't want any allegations of wrongdoing against Joe Pistone from Mobsters to have any validation. What do I mean by that? What I mean is, is that if Joe would have become a made member of the Bonannos, anyone who accused him of participating in hits would be able to embarrass the FBI by pointing to the fact that he was made as circumstantial proof. So they pulled the plug to cover their tracks in advance. But then again, what do I really know? I am a conspiracy theorist.

I think what we need to understand is that Joe Pistone wasn't infiltrating the Mafia because what they did was "wrong", nor was his mission to protect the "bad guys". His mission was to protect the victims of organized crime, and that he did.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."