I think the Chin feared Gotti. Why didn't he attack Gotti head on? Why did they use a bomb to blame the Sicilians? The Chin partnered with the Lucheses only... why?

Cause Gotti controlled Vic Orena and skillfully fueled the Colombo war. And Gotti had the Bonannos, too, via his pal, the Fat Rat.

Gotti controlled three families and was probably stronger and definitely willing to fight. In fact, he probably wanted a war, knowing how much of a gambler tough guy he was.

Also elsewhere I read something about Casso and D'Arco. Al was in a tough spot, I believe. Casso wiped out many of the Luchese family's heavy hitters, like Facciolla who would've been the first crew to assassinate Casso if Casso hadn't killed him first, before the family really knew what they were dealing with. I know some of you will say you can't believe Al but I found his story very believable. He and Crea supposedly discussed making a move right before Al flipped. If Daidone had gone with them, I really think there would've been a takeover, or an attempt, at least. Capeci provided a lot of context and detail in Mob Boss without D'Arco, I think he vetted the book pretty well.

Lastly I heard comments about Linda Scarpa....obviously it's unfair for me to comment but I will say she and I were friends and.she really pulled some devious crap on me. There was provocation. A person on FB, whom I think was fake, kept DMing me crap like she thought I was a Scarpa. "You hung out at Wimpy Boys with so and so, right?" I kept correcting her but she kept DMing me that she just saw so and so and said hello from me, etc and etc. I finally told him/her that they were an idiot and a troublemaker and I blocked her. The fraud may have been driving Linda nuts too. Lisa was the first name she was using. Some old nobody.

Sorry, guys, I had to get that off my chest and for some reason the words decided to flow here and now..... Sorry if this is long and rambling... And Scarpo is not my real name. I made it up....