This is all speculative theory, but what do you guys think? Borgesi as acting boss right now might make sense. This theory hinges on the fact that Skinny Joey is the official boss, as many of us believe. Joey is in a position of power (at the moment) because the FBI can't prove anything and only Joey and the guys in Philly really know the 100% truth.

If, as some have said, that Mazzone doesn't want the heat that comes with the top spot, why not allow George to have it if he really wants it? Make him feel rewarded for doing 10+ years in the can and keeping his mouth shut. With Joey as the real power, everybody knows Stevie and Chang are his top guys on the street. They stay in the administration and keep what they already had, and Borgesi gets the title of boss (acting) like he wanted.

And at the end of the day, with the FBI unable to prove the Skinny guys involvement, Joey has old Georgie Boy as a de facto lightning rod out front to take the hit when the Feds come calling again. Skinny knows best that the FBI has a huge hard-on for the boss of any family. And, if in fact Joey is really still the boss, obviously prison has made him a whole hell of a lot wiser. It seems like the perfect move.

Saying that, I still don't know what to believe. Until it's proven that Uncle Joe really did retire, I continue to assume that either he or Stevie Mazzone remains the acting boss right now.

Even in that scenario, I don't know if I believe Borgesi is boss material. No way he's calling the shots for Faffy - Scarfo Sr. has NO SAY in South Philly anymore! But then again, I'm not on the streets. If Nicodemo doesn't beat his case there may be major trouble for all the guys in Philly, Joey and Uncle Joe included.