Originally Posted By: charliesays
In regard to the Hortis book - Though I've not read the book yet, I can say from inside the 'authors circle' there are definitely some disputes and shall we say... not so kind disagreements over how great or not great it is. Also, I am no magician, do not claim to be a god of research, but I'm pretty confident that most books on the old mob, mine included, offer interesting material - to be further discussed and researched. Things I put in my Luciano book could, quite honestly, be found but apparently I am the only one who looked in the right places, but I will never claim to have some magical special powers! I just did what I did and hope readers find some interesting new stuff.

I thought some of the authors he disagreed with (or refuted) wouldn't be very happy about it. And I'd also be interested to know which points those authors now disagree with him on.

He tried to refute points from some of my favorite mafia books, such as Five Families (which most people agree is one of the best books on the mob).