Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
Well, the FBI certainly has a lot more resources devoted to terrorism than it does the mob these days, if that makes you happy.

At least in Chicago, though, there is absolutely no question that the Outfit has traditionally been the cause of more corruption than any other criminal entity.

How bad was it? Harry Aleman's 1997 conviction is widely regarded as the first time a Chicago mob hitman was convicted for murder... as contrast to something like 1,500-3,000 mob-related murders over the same period.

And he wasn't even convicted during the first trial.

We are going to have to agree to disagree....I could post a 10 paragraph long rant about how the FBI has been responsible for scores of Mob related murders themselves, because they pit guys and crews against each other. I believe the reason for much of the urban decay in America is because of the absence of LCN. I contend the US interstate Highway system would never have been build without LCN, and that private equity firms high risk financial institutions are engaging in the same type of shylocking and bust outs the LCN has been prosecuted for, and that RICO is an abomination of the Justice system in America.

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.