Originally Posted By: Dirty_Sox_Bob
Originally Posted By: TheArm
Originally Posted By: Dirty_Sox_Bob
Ahhh, OK. I knew that digging a hole was best done before, I just didn't realise that someone other hit crew would do it.

As for the cleaner - I've seen Pulp Fiction but figured it was just Tarrentino (sp?) Pulp Fiction. It makes me wonder how someone gets into that line of work? Attention to detail, a strong stomach and batshit crazy, I guess. What would they earn a job? I figure it would be based on how good you are, but if you weren't good at it you wouldn't last long either, would you?

A job like that would usually pay off a Vig for a few months.
The BEST cleaners of all time were the Westies.
These crazy Irish bastards had it down to a SCIENCE.
Kevin McElroy used to brag that when properly done, a body would be cut up in 16 pieces.
Coonan used to remind the guys who did the work to puncture the lungs and stomach if the torso if it was being disposed o9f in water, so it wouldn't float.
I had displeasure of meeting a couple of these psychos in person once, Kevin McCue and Kenny Shannon. Between the two of them they might have had 1000 working brain cells. It is possible Shannon was mildly retarded. They were two of the least intimidating guys I had ever seen, but these guys were awesome killers and the BEST at what they called "Doing the Houdini"(Disappearing someone) I was never so glad to leave a bar in my life.

Thanks. I've spent most of my life knocking around with low-level gangster wannabees (I'm not from the US so we have different rules). Never in the game but enough on the fringes that I've shaken hands with men that would scare Satan himself, and definitely had me wishing I was somewhere else. And more than a couple of them ended up as worm food. I know enough to know it's not a life I want to live so I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

I love the outside looking in, but never enough to want to be in, so it's nice that you take the time to give me a glass window to look through and try and understand the truly hard men that I run across from time to time.

No Problem
I am lucky in that I was able to back away keep an arms length distance after being a guest of the Federal prison system. Had I not stood up and refused to flip, and were not the son and nephew of made guys, that would not have been possible.
I keep communications open with old friends, and I am in a business where I brush up against Outfit and Rockford guys almost on a daily basis. Were it not for my background, this would not be possible either, so all in all, I have no regrets

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.