Originally Posted By: GerryLang
The Vinny Basciano book was awful, really awful. There was no substance, whole decades of his life were glossed over, and no new info, it should of been a chapter in the Joey Massino book.

The Al D'arco book was disappointing but very readable. Too much hisforical stuff and not enough about the actual "life." I don't know how his junkie son got his button.

The Leonetti book was awesome, one of the best mob books I've read. Great insight into what was going on in that era starting with bruno getting wacked. The fight to take over the family with all the backstabbing and what not. The relationship with NY and all the stuff threy did. It did a great job of showing Scarfo as the psycho he was, Leonetti was just as evil if you ask me, though he downplays it.

I've been looking out for that book. Does he assassinate Casso and Amuso's characters like in Manhattan Mob Rampage? Talking crap about how Amuso was meek and Casso was a loon? The stuff about Amuso not being able to look D'Arco in the eyes has me rolling my eyes tbh. As did the sh*t about Amuso thinking he was "The Godfather".

As if Amuso got to where he was, pulling bodyguard duties for bigger guys when he was younger, making drug contacts all over the world, sticking his fingers in every pie and being named boss by being meek and not looking people in the eye.

And Casso was a functioning psychopath. He may have been borderline insane but it's a disservice to pretend he didn't have smarts.

D'Arco has some cheek coming out with stuff like this when he raised a junkie son and can't even be man enough to not use a silhouette when he's being interviewed.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.