I'm a fan of Neapolitan, thin crust style pizza. Not necessarily a crispy cracker crust but a good foundation for sauce, cheese and some pepperoni, sausage and mushrooms. That's my favorite combo. However, ordering a pie and waiting for up to an hour isn't always what I want to do especially after working all day - I'd like something I can just pop in the oven and by the time I'm finished with my scotch it's ready. Plus the best pizza places in San Francisco don't deliver or not out to my neighborhood as I'm by the beach. What I've been enjoying lately are either California Pizza kitchen Sicilian Style or Red Baron Pepperoni and sausage.Often I use the frozen pie as a base and add ingredients if I have time. I usually chop some mushrooms and also add fresh garlic and oregano then sprinkle a little olive oil. If I have it on hand some additional mozzarella, pecorino or other cheese helps and if I have some left over home made meatballs or sausage with peppers and onions I throw those on as well. There are so many different pizzas in the grocery freezer I don't have time to try them all but maybe I'm missing the best.
Tell me what's your favorite frozen pizza? Which crust do recommend, which toppings and what do you do, if anything, to customize your pie in a reasonable amount of time?