Originally Posted By: Revis_Island
That's my opinion. You ask people who they know al pacino as on the street and they'll say Michael corleone. People think of him as Michael corleone more so than any character he's played. He's had some great roles but honestly I've never been as impressed with him as others have been. That is after godfather trilogy and dog day afternoon of course. He seemed to over-act a lot by yelling. He also had a lot of sudden silences in pretty much everyone one of his movies. Not all of course, but a lot. I wouldn't really say that that in itself is great acting. And yelling and sudden silences seem to be his signature. In most credible top actor list you would see de niro ahead of pacino. And De Niro is much more versatile than pacino. Look at his roles compared to pacino's. Al's haven't been too much different from each other. De Niro's have been more various than Pacino's. And I feel like De Niro invests more into his movies. He basically acts as a co-director from what all of his documentaries have said. And he's been in 70 something movies compared to pacino who hasn't been in nearly as much. Most of their movies haven't been that good, but the ones that are, are legendary. Not every movie is gonna be great. But in the end, both are legends, both are in my top 10 but I definitely prefer De Niro over him.

I asked you to show Deniro's versatility compared to Al's, as i expected you didn't make a case for either rolleyes . Again you've attributed Pacino to The Godfaher, without watching or at least acknowledging his other roles. It doesn't matter what you decide is a defining role.

What does this mean anyway - Al's haven't been too much different from each other. De Niro's have been more various than Pacino's. And I feel like De Niro invests more into his movies.