Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Now THE CONJURING, I would definately recommend that one folks. It's so goddamn refreshing to see a horror film actually made with methodical pacing and a successful attempt at atmosphere. Most engaging mainstream horror movie I've seen in ages.

This takes its time establishing both families, the large family realizing too late they just moved into a haunted house (I would sue their real estate agent) and the other a demon-busting family who go out and give college lectures about their work. Mind you I don't believe in ghosts and exorcisms and all that stuff, but I found this clinical approach to that topic very fascinating. Of course they have to go into that house and with a mixture of technology and old time religion asskicking figure out the mystery behind this house and solve it.

CONJURING will remind you of past terrific films of this sort like POLTERGEIST and THE CHANGELING and Robert Wise's THE HAUNTING and all that. But unlike most recently produced horror films, this doesn't do an empty shout-out to such old glories and ride on their coattails. No CONJURING works as a thriller for the same reasons as those films did.

Good movie. One of the better horror flicks I've seen in some time. Has 85% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.