Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Ya i dont watch mad men but my mom does and she said after the last couple of seasons at has really started to go down hill. I tried to watch a few episodes with her but i thought it was just kind of an odd show, it wasnt exactly funny and the whole pace and mood of the show was a off putting. Maybe it was just a bad episode i watched.

It IS a different type show. I guess that is what was appealing about it in the first place. I do think tho, it's the kind of show you either like or don't like.

smile
TIS

Ya thats about what i got from it. But i do think they did an excellent job recreating the era. Between the clothes, the gender roles, and portraying their industry as it was back then was great. I wasnt alive back then but i think it was pretty spot on.

Absolutely Dellacroce. For me that is the big appeal. The 60's is my era and I can relate to not only news events/atmosphere of the era (ie starting with JFK assassination and knowing that RFK & MLK assassinations were coming up and later the 67 riots) to the Rolling Stone concert, pot smoking scene. Not to even mention fashion of the time.

I suppose we are on the wrong thread aren't we. Unless of course they have Don Draper turning into a Walker next season. lol

And, you weren't alive then? Why you youngster you. lol Damn, I'm old. uhwhat

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 07/20/13 02:08 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon