Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: andrewc
what would be interesting is any photo's of jilly greca, there must be some fbi ones somewhere including pistone. in fact any new pistone ones would be good!

Originally Posted By: conopizza
pictures of Jilly Greca or the Greca hit would be amazing to see after all this time... I think Pistone mentions in "Unfinished Business" that Greca was under indictment when he got whacked but I've not been able to easily find out who indicted him for what-- Southern District or Eastern District feds, Kings County (Brooklyn) state ???

Agreed. I´m sure there are FBI files available on him and requestable through FOIA, but other than Pistone´s info on him, there is not much out there that´s accessible.
I know his real name was Angelo J. Greca and that he was born in 1927. He did a stint in jail in the early 1970s after been arrested in Switzerland (!) on charges of conspiracy to transport and sell a $100,000 U.S. Treasury note stolen from a New York brokerage firm.

Ah interesting stuff. Bit random he was in Switzerland!

I'm sure I recall that in Joe Pistone's book it mentions that Jilly was whacked in 1980 whilst sat in his car at a traffic light. So that concludes that he was whacked because the Bonnano's thought he might flip, rather than having anything to do with the Bonnano's getting rid of anyone who let Pistone into the family - which of course was 1981 onwards.