Originally Posted By: southend
Also has anybody ever read Fat Vinny Teresa's book My Life In The Mafia? I guess he talks about a lot of familiar names to me in that book,but it doesnt seem to be on the easy-to-find side

That was the first Mafia book I ever read! Found it in a local library over here. I thought it was great at the time. Borrowed it numerous of times. The librarian must have thought I was nuts. But the book (and Teresa´s credibility) has been questioned a lot the last 20, 30 years or so. He did put forward a lot of bold statements; Anastasia´s murderer actually being a Boston guy (Jackie Nazarian), that he held the third spot in the New England mob and giving orders to Jerry Angiulo (although not being made), that John "Futto" Biele was killed on Joe Bonanno´s orders, that Lilo Galante wanted him in his mob, that he had intimate knowledge of Commission meetings held in Boston, that his uncle was an early Boston Mafia leader etc. Some of his claims was discovered outright lies, so the book should be taken with a grain of salt. However, he did provide info on a lot of guys (perhaps as many as 50 guys, I can´t remember exactly) in and with the New England mob, which is always interesting stuff. The book came out in 1973 and I haven´t found a copy of it on the net or anywhere else. I would like to have it in my possession, but just for its sentimental value, not for the dubious claims that can be found in it.

EDIT - Oh, one more thing worth mentioning is that Teresa claimed James Caan, the actor, had a part in the start of the Irish mob wars in the early 1960s. (Not a movie, IRL that is.)

Last edited by HairyKnuckles; 12/25/12 05:26 PM.

[Linked Image]