Originally Posted By: GrandAve
No he was not named in the indictment. They did bring him up during the trial numerous times though, but Lumbo and the German were the only 2 guys from North of Roosevelt who actually got pinched. (Little Jimmy and Mickey ran Cicero). For people to think Mr. Difronzo was in any shape or form cooperating because he avoided the secrets trial is insane. Why not Sarno? Or Toots? Or the builder? Or better yet, Pizza Al (who was still alive at the time of the indictment) Those fellas have been around for ages and weren't named either.

The whole secrets trial was based on two things: 1. The Calabreses. The US attorney here in Chicago had a hard-on for Frank/Nick going back decades, and once they got Frank Jr's pathetic ass to cooperate, they new they'd have nick because he was weak and couldn't stomach life in prison.

2. The Spilotro bros. killing and sefiert's murder had been haunting Mitch Mars and those guys the same as Calabrese, if not more. They wanted the german and joey real bad since the 70s-80s because of those two things. Also, the fact that nick squealed and said little jimmy was there ended up being a bonus because he had just been named street boss. What better headline than to take a "boss" off the street? I've heard conflicting stories from people throughout the years as to whether jimmy actually drove mike and tony that day, or was just there, but one thing I've always heard was that John D was NOT present. The southside guys were the ones who really had a problem with Tony and Mikey.

And to answer you question about the video, its from '09 I believe. I used to eat at the restaurant "The loon cafe" with family all the time (grew up in River Grove), and it closed down around 2010 I believe?

There has always been the belief in Chicago that the Feds have been working on "Operation Family Secrets 2 Trial" aimed at the DiFronzos. You have to wonder what Nick & Frank (Jr.) Calabrese told the Feds about the two DiFronzo brothers. Not much was said about them during the 2007 Family Secrets trial.