We rented "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" Friday night, only to find that it was airing on cable last night. I didn't love Daniel Craig in the lead. I couldn't understand half of what he was saying; he always seemed to be mumbling (although that might have been the DVD). The rest of the cast, however, did an outstanding job, especially Stellan Skarsgard and Rooney Mara.

The movie has a very dark and disturbing story to tell. Daniel Craig plays a disgraced journalist who is hired by a Swedish industrialist to look into the 40 year old disappearance of his beloved niece. The book had an incredible number of characters that were often difficult to follow (especially given the Swedish names and places, which are not familiar to me) and the film did an admirable job of keeping them all in place.

I am glad that I saw the movie in the summer, though. Everyone always looked so freezing cold! My mom told me that she saw Dr. Zhivago on a bitter cold night and had to wait on a long line outside to get tickets. She said that they were freezing cold the entire night! lol

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club