Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I didn't know what to except from 50/50 (2011), with Seth Rogen + a cancer theme and all, but this was actually pretty good. A full range of emotions going on in this one, and Rogen was well restrained. Third Rock's Joseph Gordon-Levitt* was really good, as usual.

*Just realized he has a high-billing in this year's The Dark Knight Rises, and plays Robert Todd Lincoln in Lincoln, among other things. Good for him! I always thought he was very good in the more obscure films I've seen him in.

Yeah JGL is one of those talented people who's been steadily accumulated a very solid respectable resume, commercial and artistic. I would be absolutely surprised if he doesn't break out as a major movie star within the next 5 years. He almost feels like Johnny Depp before his Pirates stuff.

He's also got an upcoming time travel action/thriller in LOOPER with Bruce Willis that looks interesting. Also just the other day, he and Warner Bros. announced plans to remake LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS with himself playing the nerd protagonist part.

And unlike most announced remakes, I'm intrigued.

EDIT - LOOPER trailer

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 05/07/12 12:29 AM.