Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
Accardo: The Genuine Godfather by William Roemer is a excellent book, i was partially fascinated by Murray Humphreys who was credited for inventing the term money laundering..

That was Roemer's best book, DeNiro. I still don't like the way he marketed "War of the Godfathers" as non-fiction, but I'll give him credit where credit is due with "Accardo." There was some great historical stuff pertaining to the City of Chicago in that book. But I really could have done without the way he kept referring to Accardo as "The Man." It got annoying after awhile. Still a good book, though.

Roemer called Accardo "The Man" because he got that info from an informer he could not name. Yeah a super secret informer. Yeah, that's the ticket.. smile

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.