check out Selywn Raab's Five Families next, if possible. In any case, George Anastasia always seems to write a good book IMO.

Originally Posted By: Mukremin
I just bought a book called "The Turkish Mafia", like the title says its about the Turkish mafia. It describes the origins and what the status is today, its fascinating to see how similair the origins are between the Italian/Sicilian mafia and the Turkish mafia. Both groups emerged in the countryside, the prisons. And both are described as men of honor, as Robin Hood characters. But in reality honor wasnt that important, and the most important imo is the close ties the Turkish mafia has with the government, also similair to the relation with the mafia in Italy. Not to mention the close co-operation between the Sicilian Cosa Nostra and Turkish drug baba's (godfathers) during the Pizza Connection. Today, the Turkish mafia works closely with the italian organizations, and control up to 80% of the heroin business in western europe. its a good read wink

http://books.google.nl/books/about/The_Turkish_Mafia.html?id=TjhlGgAACAAJ&redir_esc=y

Sounds quite interesting Muk. Authored by Frank Bovenkerk and Yücel Yesilgöz? Ill have to Google that shit, see if their reporters or investigators or insiders or what.

Most of that info regarding the PIzza Connect (and to a further extent, the French one) only mentions that the gear was being refined in Turkey, then passed on to the Sicilian (and formally Corsican) dealers. It always omits the Turkish role in the scheme beyond that. It'd be interesting to learn more about the Turkish figures involved in that end of the operation, Ill have to check it out.

I'll have to find it on another page than the Dutch one you linked to though wink

That stuff is like double coded Pig Latin cypher. Sprackin z3e Dck? grin

Quote:
Wat mensen zeggen - Een recensie schrijven

Help me out here Sonny, what mensen the gen? tongue

(cough.)