The 2012 Dead Pool

GOAL: Predict which notable* figures will die on/between January 1 and December 31, 2012, Eastern Time.

Produce a maximum of 50 names, to be PM'ed to me (NOT posted here) before the ball drops in Times Square (NYC) at midnight on New Years (i.e., 12AM ET Sunday, January 1, 2012). The BB's default timestamp will determine entry time.

*It's assumed that all notable figures will have an entry, or be mentioned in an entry, at Wikipedia or another legit source which you may have to prove.

Rules:

1) PLEASE alphabetize your list of 50 names by LAST name (regardless of profession), either in the form of FIRSTNAME LASTNAME -or- LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME, in *1* column of names.

2) If it's not obvious who the person is for most people, after the name please add why they're notable. For example: "Douglas Fraser, trade unionist" (Sorry, he's already dead). In addition, you may or may not choose to include the person's current age; for example: "Douglas Fraser, trade unionist (91)"

3) If you submit your list days before Midnight, January 1st, 2012, and someone on your list dies before 2012, you should substitute the person with another and resubmit your list (by the deadline). If you do not resubmit your list, and the person died in 2011, the person will obviously NOT count for 2012.

4) a) Thou Shalt Not Kill (anyone on your list); b) criminals subject to the Death Penalty or anyone kidnapped or held hostage in 2011 won't count -- unless they die of natural causes; c) "Dead" means permanently dead, not later revived, nor put in animated suspension, or any induced or natural coma starting before 2012 begins; d) do not edit Wikipedia with false death information.

Everyone's lists will be updated unofficially throughout the year, but a year-end audit will be performed to determine the final winner sometime shortly after December 31, 2012. YOU are responsible for your own audit at years' end.

Prize: Bragging Rights for 12 months.

Check out results from 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008

The next post will contain all participants' lists for easy reference, sometime on Jan 1st

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations