Starting off with two news items straight from the Fossil Fuels newsdesk:

New Paul McCartney album out February

Quote:
Just in time for that eponymous holiday of love and chocolates, Macca’s new album My Valentine is set to be released on February 7th from Concord/Hear Music, as Direct Current points out.

The new record is said to feature romantic staples of ole in addition to originals. McCartney cites the music his family reared him on as influence. “This will sound like the years between 1920-1940,” he explained, “the time when my father was 20. These are songs I heard. My family, my uncles, everybody sang.”

In addition to covers, there will be tracks written by the man himself, following in the style of the rest of the album. Produced by Timmy Lipuma, the record features guest appearances by jazz pianist and singer, and Mrs. Elvis Costello, Diana Krall, as well as double bassist John Clayton.

It should be noted that Hear Music is Starbucks’ label, so expect My Valentine in coffee shops upon its release. (Source: Ultimate Classic Rock)

Beach Boys (w/ Brian Wilson) celebrate 50th anniversary with reunion tour (& new album)

Quote:
The founding members of the classic rock group — Brian Wilson, Mike Love and Al Jardine — announced Friday they are getting back together to celebrate their 50th anniversary. They’re working on a new album and also plan a 50-date tour that will take them around the world.

Quote:
However, Jardine said the group planned to appear at the Feb. 12 Grammy telecast in Los Angeles.
“There will be a surprise at the Grammys,” he told Rolling Stone. “We will do something really exciting. There’s a lot of interest in it, which is nice. It’s going to be a very big operation.”(source: Washington Post)

If you're still Christmas shopping, here's a gift suggestion: THE SMILE SESSIONS, the master tapes of the legendary (unfinished) Beach Boys classic album SMILE finally officially released. Celebrated as a "lost" masterpiece for decades, it really did reveal itself to be a true gem from the late 1960s, which produced some of the greatest, most treasured pop music. Now you can add another gem to that list.