I haven't read Ragano's book Yukon but Im familiar with the claims he made in them. Pretty interesting stuff. It too was cited as a source in another book I recently finished.

"Havana Nocturne" by TJ English. Really about Lansky, Trafficante, Battista and Castro more then anything else. Really got me to thinking differently on those years, I dont think Trafficante or Lansky to the end thought that Castro would go as far as he did. Lansky didn't stick around to find out but Trafficante did when he was thrown in jail to serve one of the few stints he ever did.

If your interested in 1950's Havana this is great. It can be easy to forget that it wasn't just a bunch of wiseguys from the States on the island, it was a bunch of Cuban mobsters as well; only some of 'em had, you know, badges and shit. I enjoyed that aspect of it so much I thought Id ask if anybody had some reccomendations on the subject...?

On a side note, Lansky was once quoted as saying "We lost as fortune in Havana" Seeing as he spent the rest of his years in retirement in Florida and his final estate being well under six grand, I dont think he was speaking idly.

(cough.)