Originally Posted By: Aristotle
i would like to find a book about the mafia. and how it all started. any ideas?

I will tell you this, the first 3 books I chose to read on the Mafia got me hooked and and I mean, Hook, Line and Sinker. I was a casual fan now I consider myself pretty intelligent on the subject. Anyway, my first 3 reads were:

1. Underboss: Sammy Gravano's account of his life as the Gambino Underboss and then turning Government informant.

2. Gaspipe: Anthony "gaspipe" Casso's tale of basically sasme thing, his rise and fall and into the WP

3. Mob Cops: Louis Eppilito and Steven Carracappa's story of moonlighting as Mafia Hitmen while being NYPD major crime detectives.

I picked these books at random, I knew very little about the Mafia and I was hooked after the first page

FatGirl:Your cute
Me:Ok
FatGirl:So you wanna buy me a drink?
Me:No
FatGirl:Why not?
Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

08/13/2009-jvanley Spanky Bar, 3rd stool from the left