Originally Posted By: GerryLang
I picked up "The Brotherhoods," The true story of two cops who murdered for the mafia today. This is the first book I read on the "mafia cops."

I've read them all, and "The Brotherhoods" is probably the best of the lot. You'll get a real good feel for 1980s Brooklyn by reading it.

Jimmy Breslin's "The Good Rat" is written more like a novel, in Breslin's inimitable sarcastic style. If you like him, you'll like the book. But if you don't, you won't. Breslin has a love him or hate him writing style and personality.

"Friends of the Family," by Tommy Dades, was written with the usual bullshit, ex-cop, pseudo bravado. But it was pretty damn entertaining.

"Mob Cops," by Greg B. Smith, was the worst of the lot. The constant back and forth shifting between past and present was annoying as Hell. No wonder it was a straight to paperback "quickie" type bio. For a journalist, Smith is very erratic. I thought he did an okay job with "Made Men."

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.