Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I just picked up the new Luciano bio at my local library. I've only read the first three chapters, but so far so good.

"Lucky Luciano: The Real and the Fake Gangster," by Tim Newark.

Look forward to a review PB.
Speaking of Luciano, has anyone read this book?

I was flipping through it in Border's today. I decided against buying it for the price but the author had some interesting hypotheses. He argued that it was primarily Lansky and only secondarily the US government/Genovese that wanted Luciano out of post war Cuba. Supposedly Lanksy had little intention of sharing his Havana spoils or authority in Cuba. Also on that note the author argues that it was Lansky and Trafficante who were behind the murders of Anastasia and Scalise and that this was again primarily a warning not to challenge the then current division of spoils in Havana, as Anastasia was attempting to do.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.