Hi everyone, first post

I've been reading all the opinions of a future GF4 and I have to disagree with most of them. I feel very strongly about not making a fourth Godfather. However, I feel if it is made it should be made similarly to GF2. Although it is not realistic, if I had to choose, the fourth Godfather would be GF3 remade.

The main plot would be an aging Michael trying to become legitimate, just as seen in Godfather 3. A better actress playing Mary (Natalie Portman, Rachel McAdams, Marisa Tomei), and eliminating the Vincent character. He is COMPLETELY made up, the novel covers Lucy extensively after Sonny's death and never mentions her pregnancy. One of Santino's children or possibly Connie's could become this up and coming role.

The secondary plot would clearly be Vito's "lost years". The novel details a great many stories which would be amazing for a movie scene (Brasi and the baby, Vito and Brasi chopping up Capone's men Scarface style, Santino's armed robbery and his father's reprimand.) It would highlight Genco (John Travolta) and Vito (Deniro) relationship, Sonny's rise, the Maranzano war and detail Brasi (possibly Stallone) and his ruthlessness.

I thought the Immobilaire plot was actually interesting and could have led to a higher caliber movie. It involves Catholicism and corruption, a ploy that was used in the first film. The real problem with GF3 besides miscasting is the characters-too many being introduced (Vincent, Mary, Calo, Don Connie.) The first films were successful because they based the storyline off a classic novel-the parts that were not outlined in the novel still used the characters that we all grew to know and love through the book and movies. The third film should have been taking as much material from the novel as possible.

Anthony will never be a mafia don-that is clear from GF3 and is an impossibility. Hagen's kids are not Sicilian and should not even be mentioned. Michael's "lost years" either between Mary and his death or Vegas and legitimacy are too boring to create a classic movie. I'm not interested in seeing Michael blind in retirement or selling all of his illegal enterprises. As for detailing Vincent as the don, it is another bad idea. We all know GF3 was not up to par, why continue it? The Godfather series is not a soap opera, it should be based entirely off the characters from the first movie and the novel, not introducing an entire new cast every movie.

I think GF3 (or IV) could have a lot of potential if written correctly. We all know FFC could direct an amazing film, the writing just needs to be up to par, and with Puzo dead, as much remnants of the novel should be used along with keeping some modern warfare alongside.