I was at Barnes and Noble last night and started flipping through "Underboss," the Sammy Gravano bio. I read it when it came out in '97 and thought it was well written---Peter Maas was a pro---but more than a little bit of a whitewash.

Anyway, last night I'm looking at the publication dates printed on the opening pages and I see that the book is now in it's 30th printing as of 2007. Now those are very respectable numbers. What I found particularly galling was that, as of the last printing in 2007, no one bothered to update the last chapter.

Normally, you might see an "epilogue" for a paperback edition of a non-fiction book. I thought it might mention, you know, how Sammy turned his wife and children into drug dealers while in the program? No, the book still ends with Sammy making a flippant remark about how "I guess God still wants me."

I realize that Maas died in 2001, but I found this irresponsible. Almost like the publishers weren't big enough to admit they gave a book deal to one of the biggest serial killers this side of Charles Manson. Actually, Gravano admits to more murders than Manson and Berkowitz combined.

But what do I know?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.