I'm new here and would just like to say that this is a very good compilation of facts and things about the mafia that i have been infatuated with since I played the illusion softworks game in the 2nd grade.

I agree with pretty much you people have to say and the only thing we really differ on is that I have a slightly different view on living that life and getting made. The way I see it, there are perks and some upside to being a wiseguy such as the money,cars,women,power,and respect but I also know that the upside is seriously weighed down by a huge downside such as the inevitablitity of death or imprisonment. Personally I feel tht being a gangster isn't all bad, if it were, there wouldn't be any of them to talk about like this. It has an upside that I mentioned and it isn't hard to imagine how people get drawn down that path. My opinion is that although the mafia has its perks, but the aforementioned death and imprisonment and the vicious cycle of violence and betrayal that turn it into the thing that people make it out to be although a small percentage of mafioso can be loyal and be behind you and help you but not many, see Sammy the Bull's guys, Stymie D'Angelo and Joe Paruta for example.

The bottom line for me is:

It ain't all bad.............but most of it is.

this is just the way i see it so please don't bash me relentlessly smile

Last edited by JerseyGuy; 07/11/09 04:28 PM.