I just finished The Last Gangster.

It was good. It showed how in mentality the Philly mob had degenerated to just a well dressed street gang. The double dealings, thefts and ripoffs of each other, the constant murders and the inability to even turn a dishonest buck ruined the organization.

It was interesting that twenty years previously Lefty Ruggiero had had trouble getting made by the Bonannos because of a bad gambling habit and unpaid debts while Joey Merlino, a leader of the Philly Mob in the nineties and oughts was basically ripping off his own bookmakers. Times had definitely changed.

I wasn't prepared for how much I disliked Ron Previte AND the federal prosecutors.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.