Originally Posted By: Tyler_Durden
I am sorry for hijacking this topic,but i couldn't find no "FAQ thread" so i thought i could ask this here:Is it true that Carmine Persico had once spit a bullet that entered his face?Now,i've read some other things on the internet(a woman once survived a 357 magnum wound in her head,no coma,no brain damage,no nothing)but if it's true,he's gotta be a tough guy....

Kind of makes you laugh about these "I got shot nine times" gangsta rapper types and their exaggerated stories...

According to Selwyn Raab, in his authoritative "The Five Families," Persico was one of those who attempted to kill Larry Gallo during the Gallo/Profaci war of 1961-63. In retaliation, Persico was shot from a passing truck (presumably by Gallo). Raab writes, "Bullets grazed his head and several slugs ripped into his left hand and arm....The episode was magnified by his supporters to bolster his reputation for toughness, claiming [emphasis added] that a slug had punctured his jaw, and that he had spat out the bullet."

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.