Originally Posted by Njein
Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino
All those Families seemed to be playing the fence (especially Bruno and Zerilli) during this situation. Chicago was kicking up alittle dust about Vegas and Arizona particularly orchestrating some bombings in Tuscon. But they weren't aggressive about a resolution of the conflict or Commission Issues.

I Think If Bonanno was able to quel the Families by situating the Leadership problems, the other Families would go along until another NY Family dealt with Bonanno.

Bonanno had a pleasant relationship with the Milwaukee boss prior to Balistrieri. He operated some dairy factories in Wisconsin, so they at least had a working relationship. I do know, Balistrieri made complaints about Bonanno invading territory and was alleged to be involved in some of the bombing in Tuscon.

It's possible Vito Genovese or Tommy Ryan would have started a 2nd Castellammarese War had Bonanno won. West Side would probably not want like another family that's bigger than them.

Well Vito was in jail and the power dynamics in his Family were changing. Tommy Ryan was playing ball with Luchesse and Gambino but Tommy Brown dies in 67'. And Tommy Ryan get sneaky with Don Carlo. Evoli is soon to be eliminated and guys like Lombardo, Tieri, Salerno and Gigante Rise. I believe Bonanno would have been left alone.
On that podcast show "Mob Talk Radio" the guy always says "if Bonnano had got involved, he would have gotten killed". I disagree because he still had connections, he was involved with Galante in some capacity in the 70s and had a scam going in San Jose. Nothing happened!

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano