GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 155 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,203
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 45 1 2 43 44 45
Re: Books you just read discussion [Re: Hollander] #1046315
12/20/22 12:34 PM
12/20/22 12:34 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
[Linked Image]

Just picked this up a few days ago. Had no idea this book even existed, just stumbled upon it while perusing the book section at my local Target. The story picks up one day after the events of the film, axting as both a sequel and prequel. It had been a long time since I'd watched the film, so I went back and watched it again. But for those who are familiar with the film, and even those who aren't, fear not! The prologue briefly recaps the major plot points of the film, as a refresher for those who have seen it, and as context for those who haven't.

I just got started, but will definitely give my thoughts once I finish.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Books you just read discussion [Re: Fame] #1046320
12/20/22 03:47 PM
12/20/22 03:47 PM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
I just recently finished it. It was beautifully written in many ways, the story was good and it was well structured. However, I thought it was a little overly descriptive at times and I found Chris Shiherlis to be a bit different from the impulsive man we saw in the film.

Heat is literally my all time favorite movie. My dad and I bonded more over that movie than any other movie. Also, the more I watch it, the more I appreciate how Mann showcases the city of Los Angeles in the most brilliant way. He did the same with Collateral, another Mann gem that doesn't get the respect I feel it deserves

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
Re: Books you just read discussion [Re: Giacalone] #1050150
01/31/23 03:18 PM
01/31/23 03:18 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Originally Posted by Giacalone
I just recently finished it. It was beautifully written in many ways, the story was good and it was well structured. However, I thought it was a little overly descriptive at times and I found Chris Shiherlis to be a bit different from the impulsive man we saw in the film.

Heat is literally my all time favorite movie. My dad and I bonded more over that movie than any other movie. Also, the more I watch it, the more I appreciate how Mann showcases the city of Los Angeles in the most brilliant way. He did the same with Collateral, another Mann gem that doesn't get the respect I feel it deserves

Thanks for sharing, Giacalone. I finished the book and thought it was excellent. I also agree about Collateral, what a terrific film!

I just finished the novel GANGLAND, by Chuck Hogan (author of THE TOWN). It follows Nicholas "Nicky Pins" Passero, a member of the Chicago Outfit who reports directly (and secretly) to Outfit boss Tony Accardo. It is a fictional story that is inspired by true historical events. Excellent and quick read.

[Linked Image]

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Page 45 of 45 1 2 43 44 45

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull