GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 118 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,735
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,282
Posts1,057,838
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: How powerful was Victor Orena as Acting Boss? [Re: Neo] #993763
07/13/20 06:15 PM
07/13/20 06:15 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted by Neo
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
@Majicrat

I agree. Some people do underestimate the Colombo's because of the internal feuding and wars. They've been around a very very long time and are around today;

There a little more then just a "Glorified Street Gang"

The Colombo's will induct anyone with a pulse. Ralph DeLeo was just a drug dealer from Arkansas and shouldn't have even been made because he was also a rat, but instead he gets his button and later is made Colombo street boss.

Thomas Gioeli was basically a second rate robber who holds up fur shops, but the Colombo's decided he was good enough to make him their street boss.

Their choice of street bosses is a clear indication they don't have much talent in their ranks.

I agree with you alot on that. We don't agree much from recent posts; but you're right. The Colombo leadership has been crap for decades. It's a shame that no-one could challenge Persico for the boss spot once Joe Colombo got shot. There wer some vicious crews out there during that time; and some capable old timers...

Gennaro Langella is another Underboss/Streetboss who should have never had the spot.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 07/13/20 06:16 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: How powerful was Victor Orena as Acting Boss? [Re: Zavattoni] #993769
07/13/20 07:28 PM
07/13/20 07:28 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by Neo
@Majicrat

I agree. Some people do underestimate the Colombo's because of the internal feuding and wars. They've been around a very very long time and are around today;

There a little more then just a "Glorified Street Gang"

The Colombo's will induct anyone with a pulse. Ralph DeLeo was just a drug dealer from Arkansas and shouldn't have even been made because he was also a rat, but instead he gets his button and later is made Colombo street boss.

Thomas Gioeli was basically a second rate robber who holds up fur shops, but the Colombo's decided he was good enough to make him their street boss.

Their choice of street bosses is a clear indication they don't have much talent in their ranks.

I agree with you alot on that. We don't agree much from recent posts; but you're right. The Colombo leadership has been crap for decades. It's a shame that no-one could challenge Persico for the boss spot once Joe Colombo got shot. There wer some vicious crews out there during that time; and some capable old timers...

Gennaro Langella is another Underboss/Streetboss who should have never had the spot.

star

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: How powerful was Victor Orena as Acting Boss? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #993808
07/14/20 05:45 PM
07/14/20 05:45 PM
WhackWhack Offline
Made Member
WhackWhack  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
I wonder if Basciano had an inkling Massino was a rat, or was too stupid to figure it out.

Too stupid? He was talking to Massino inside of a federal lockup. An official boss had never been an informer before so how could anyone even think Massino would be a rat? Remember when they talked that was after Massino was found guilty but was facing another trial.

Vinny Gorgeous had the makings of a great boss if he could have stayed on the streets.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull