GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Irishman12, RushStreet, The_Marble_Guy, 1 invisible), 101 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,166
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Story about Big Paul #959512
12/13/18 03:34 PM
12/13/18 03:34 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
I recently rewatched a documentary about the history of the Gambino Family. During Paul's part of the story his lawyer James LaRossa told a very interesting story that I feel kinda summed up Paul as a boss. One day he drove his wife to the supermarket and a bunch of thugs cut him off, cursed him out, and gave him the finger. Paul simply wrote down the license plate. Then he got a few of his men to find those guys and bring them to Todt Hill. When they were brought there Paul said "Do you know who I am now" They were shitting themselves but Paul said , "Nobody will hurt you but I just wanted you to know that if you ever see a old man riding in a car it might not be wise to curse at the, you better never do it again". His lawyer said instead of doing something brutal he wanted to teach them a lesson but at the same time he still had to show he was the Boss. Despite what you think of Paul as far as a "tough guy" I think it perfectly sums him up as a Boss

Re: Story about Big Paul [Re: JCrusher] #959531
12/13/18 06:55 PM
12/13/18 06:55 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

That one anecdote alone shows that Castellano was more of a man than Gotti, and encapsulates the fallacy that is Gotti's legacy.

THAT is how a boss should act.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Story about Big Paul [Re: JCrusher] #959536
12/13/18 08:30 PM
12/13/18 08:30 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

sounds like a fake story. larossa was his friend. he's trying to paint a better picture then a guy who had a man killed for saying he look like the chicken king frank perdue.

Last edited by pmac; 12/13/18 08:32 PM.
Re: Story about Big Paul [Re: JCrusher] #959537
12/13/18 08:50 PM
12/13/18 08:50 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

No different to people like Shargel, Cutler, Cohn and their ilk if that's the case.

Like a lot of these stories though, you're right, you have to maintain a bit of skepticism about them.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Story about Big Paul [Re: Moe_Tilden] #959538
12/13/18 09:08 PM
12/13/18 09:08 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
That one anecdote alone shows that Castellano was more of a man than Gotti, and encapsulates the fallacy that is Gotti's legacy.

THAT is how a boss should act.

Yes. When Gotti was a capo or acting capo, a mentally handicapped kid stood across the road from their social club staring at the club. After a few days of this, Gotti ordered some of his guys to baseball bat the kid and put him in hospital. They didnt even ask the kid why he was staring.

Anyone else would have asked the kid why he was staring and told him to move along.

Last edited by Neo; 12/13/18 09:11 PM.
Re: Story about Big Paul [Re: pmac] #959552
12/13/18 11:13 PM
12/13/18 11:13 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by pmac
sounds like a fake story. larossa was his friend. he's trying to paint a better picture then a guy who had a man killed for saying he look like the chicken king frank perdue.

I dont think its suppose to paint him as a good guy. If anything it shows how intimidating he could be without having to risk resorting to violence. I dont agree with it

Last edited by JCrusher; 12/14/18 12:19 AM.
Re: Story about Big Paul [Re: JCrusher] #959553
12/13/18 11:25 PM
12/13/18 11:25 PM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
The story I heard was that they were driving and assume kid gave them the finger or some sign of disrespect and they grabbed the kid and had a talk with him about not disrespecting old men because you never know... That was years ago.

Re: Story about Big Paul [Re: Neo] #959554
12/13/18 11:29 PM
12/13/18 11:29 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Neo
When Gotti was a capo or acting capo, a mentally handicapped kid stood across the road from their social club staring at the club. After a few days of this, Gotti ordered some of his guys to baseball bat the kid and put him in hospital. They didnt even ask the kid why he was staring.

Anyone else would have asked the kid why he was staring and told him to move along.

I applaud Gotti for doing that. When you're a gangster, you need to show the people in your world that you're very serious about who you are. Imagine if Gotti had taken it a step further and had the boy tortured and killed. That's a real message.

Re: Story about Big Paul [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #959555
12/13/18 11:37 PM
12/13/18 11:37 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Originally Posted by Neo
When Gotti was a capo or acting capo, a mentally handicapped kid stood across the road from their social club staring at the club. After a few days of this, Gotti ordered some of his guys to baseball bat the kid and put him in hospital. They didnt even ask the kid why he was staring.

I applaud Gotti for doing that. When you're a gangster, you need to show the people in your world that you're very serious about who you are. Imagine if Gotti had taken it a step further and had the boy tortured and killed. That's a real message.

You applaud him for torturing /murdering his neighbor now you applaud him for beating the shit out of a mentally hanicapped kid...Ralphie you are one screwed up Gotti fan lol

Last edited by JCrusher; 12/13/18 11:54 PM.
Re: Story about Big Paul [Re: JCrusher] #959559
12/14/18 12:07 AM
12/14/18 12:07 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Originally Posted by JCrusher
Originally Posted by Neo

You applaud him for torturing /murdering his neighbor now you applaud him for beating the shit out of a mentally hanicapped kid...Ralphie you are one fucked up Gotti fan lol

I'm just saying that you need to be feared in that world. You need to let the guys in the street know that you are a stone cold gangster who isn't taking any fucking shit.

Re: Story about Big Paul [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #959560
12/14/18 12:18 AM
12/14/18 12:18 AM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by JCrusher
Originally Posted by Neo

You applaud him for torturing /murdering his neighbor now you applaud him for beating the shit out of a mentally hanicapped kid...Ralphie you are one fucked up Gotti fan lol

I'm just saying that you need to be feared in that world. You need to let the guys in the street know that you are a stone cold gangster who isn't taking any fucking shit.

"Guys in the street" That includes people with mental disabilities as well? Honestly thats kind of a pussy move more than a "tough guy" move. But anyway this thread isnt about gotti(lord knows that has been discussed to death)

Re: Story about Big Paul [Re: JCrusher] #959564
12/14/18 12:31 AM
12/14/18 12:31 AM
Underboss
Underboss
It doesn't matter if the boy had mental disabilities or not. It's about the message sir. You're basically saying to your underworld colleagues 'I don't care if you're a 13-year-old retard or a middle aged Howard Beach resident with a mustache, I'll destroy you if I have to.' No one is safe. Remember when Nicky Scarfo killed Salvatore Testa? He instilled so much fear into the rank and file that they had no option but to follow that man into hell. That is how you gain power in that life. You make sure they know you are one deadly s.o.b.

Re: Story about Big Paul [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #959569
12/14/18 01:58 AM
12/14/18 01:58 AM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
It doesn't matter if the boy had mental disabilities or not. It's about the message sir. You're basically saying to your underworld colleagues 'I don't care if you're a 13-year-old retard or a middle aged Howard Beach resident with a mustache, I'll destroy you if I have to.' No one is safe. Remember when Nicky Scarfo killed Salvatore Testa? He instilled so much fear into the rank and file that they had no option but to follow that man into hell. That is how you gain power in that life. You make sure they know you are one deadly s.o.b

stop taking drugs ralphie lol

Re: Story about Big Paul [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #959587
12/14/18 05:35 PM
12/14/18 05:35 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
Originally Posted by Neo

The boy was staring because......he was mentally handicapped.

So anyone that can basebat a mentally handicapped kid should be feared? An act like that doesn't install fear in me. Mexican cartels de-limbing rivals has that effect though.

Last edited by Neo; 12/14/18 05:38 PM.
Re: Story about Big Paul [Re: Neo] #959589
12/14/18 05:45 PM
12/14/18 05:45 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by Neo
Originally Posted by Neo

The boy was staring because......he was mentally handicapped.

So anyone that can basebat a mentally handicapped kid should be feared? An act like that doesn't install fear in me. Mexican cartels de-limbing rivals has that effect though.

I watched a video where they gave a guy speed so that he'd be conscious while they tortured him. When the video starts the guy's face is basically a skull with muscle and tendons. His eyes, nose, tongue (I think) and lips have been removed. His hands and feet are gone. They are poking and prodding him; his eye sockets, his armpits etc.

I will never forget the sounds he made.

I wish I didn't watch that video.

Re: Story about Big Paul [Re: pmac] #959603
12/14/18 10:12 PM
12/14/18 10:12 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ

I agree. Never ascribe too much virtue to any gangster.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Story about Big Paul [Re: Turnbull] #959608
12/14/18 10:40 PM
12/14/18 10:40 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Turnbull

I agree. Never ascribe too much virtue to any gangster.

I dont think its meant to be viewed as a virtuous story. Actually it shows has intimidating Paul could be despite being a "businessman"

Re: Story about Big Paul [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #959698
12/16/18 03:06 PM
12/16/18 03:06 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
It doesn't matter if the boy had mental disabilities or not. It's about the message sir. You're basically saying to your underworld colleagues 'I don't care if you're a 13-year-old retard or a middle aged Howard Beach resident with a mustache, I'll destroy you if I have to.' No one is safe. Remember when Nicky Scarfo killed Salvatore Testa? He instilled so much fear into the rank and file that they had no option but to follow that man into hell. That is how you gain power in that life. You make sure they know you are one deadly s.o.b.

You'll also scare your guys into snitching on you

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull