Lots of Italians had good jobs in the catering industry and the tailoring industry etc. and mobsters took advantage of them, too. The Irish were in a similarly disadvantageous position and a lot of them went into the profession of working law enforcement; I'm sure the Italians similar. Look at Sammy Gravano's father. He had a good job and was aghast at what his son became. Look at guys like Carmine Persico's son. He went to college but was still drawn to that life. Look at Colombo's children and Gambino's children. They probably had all the money in the world to get an education and get away from that life but they still gravitated to these people. Even quasi-contemporary guys like Battaglia and Bellocchi had pretty decent jobs but still got drawn to the life.

Even the Corozzo kid presumably got the best possible education with blood money from his parents and became a house counsel; Junior Gotti went to military school.

Sometimes it's more complex than saying these guys don't have good opportunities.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.