GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Ciment, 1 invisible), 144 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,203
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Coen Bros. SCARFACE reboot #991255
05/15/20 02:37 AM
05/15/20 02:37 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Luca Guadagnino to Direct ‘Scarface’ Reboot

Originally Posted by Justin Kroll for Variety, May 14, 2020

“Call Me by Your Name” filmmaker Luca Guadagnino will direct a reboot of “Scarface” for Universal Pictures.

Joel Coen and Ethan Coen wrote the latest version of the script with earlier drafts by Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer, Jonathan Herman and Paul Attanasio.

“Scarface” will be produced by Dylan Clark for his Dylan Clark Productions. Scott Stuber will executive produce alongside Marco Marabito. SVP Brian Williams will also executive produce for Dylan Clark Productions.

The story has been adapted a number of times, most recently in the 1983 classic starring Al Pacino and Michelle Pfeiffer with Brian DePalma directing. The new pic is a reimagining of the core immigrant story told in both the 1932 and 1983 films, and will be set in Los Angeles.

Senior VP of production Jay Polidoro and director of development Lexi Barta will oversee the project for Universal.

Guadagnino has spent the majority of his career directing prestige films, so “Scarface” would be the closest he’s come to taking on a tentpole. He most recently helmed a remake of “Suspiria” for Amazon Studios, which starred Dakota Johnson, Tilda Swinton and Chloe Moretz. Prior to that, he directed the Academy Award-winning drama “Call Me by Your Name,” which earned him an Oscar nomination.

He is currently on post-production on his HBO limited series “We Are Who We Are,” which stars Alice Braga and Kid Cudi, and is also developing a remake of “Lord of the Flies” for Warner Bros.

He is repped by WME and Goodman, Schenkman LLP.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Coen Bros. SCARFACE reboot [Re: J Geoff] #991262
05/15/20 07:49 AM
05/15/20 07:49 AM
Dob_Peppino Offline
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline
Underboss
a couple thoughts:
Hollywood is busted lol when is the last time they can up with an original idea? Both versions are considered classics, especially the 1983 version. Al Pacino did a fantastic job in one of his signature roles and the movie is a masterpiece in my opinion. Some movies just should not be touched and this is one of them. just start remaking everything while your at it (Citizen Kane, On the waterfront, The Godfather, Apocalypse Now, A Few Good Men, Titanic etc). I hope this doesn't happen because most of us will probably be disappointed, just saying.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano
Re: Coen Bros. SCARFACE reboot [Re: J Geoff] #991416
05/18/20 08:51 AM
05/18/20 08:51 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Remakes, reboots, sequels, comic book adaptations, and stealing from foriegn films is what keeps Hollywood going. If they were making this movie another 10 years down the road, I would not have a problem with it.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Coen Bros. SCARFACE reboot [Re: J Geoff] #991441
05/18/20 03:31 PM
05/18/20 03:31 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted by J Geoff

[Guadagnino] is also developing a remake of “Lord of the Flies” for Warner Bros.

I just noticed this, too -- OMG! There was already a 1990 remake of the 1963 film. rolleyes

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Coen Bros. SCARFACE reboot [Re: J Geoff] #991633
05/21/20 08:04 PM
05/21/20 08:04 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Mann wants to do a prequel of HEAT and wants to use the same de-aging stuff as in The Irishman.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Coen Bros. SCARFACE reboot [Re: Hollander] #994487
07/25/20 10:10 PM
07/25/20 10:10 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Originally Posted by Hollander
Mann wants to do a prequel of HEAT and wants to use the same de-aging stuff as in The Irishman.

I think his dealer should cut him off.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Coen Bros. SCARFACE reboot [Re: Dob_Peppino] #996491
09/03/20 07:56 PM
09/03/20 07:56 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino
just start remaking everything while your at it (Citizen Kane, On the waterfront, The Godfather, Apocalypse Now, A Few Good Men, Titanic etc). I hope this doesn't happen because most of us will probably be disappointed, just saying.

Don't worry, they will. As the older generation who grew up on these classics gets older, and because Hollywood milks things into the ground and can't produce decent, original films anymore, they'll unfortunately continue to mess with the classics ("to appeal to a new generation"). Oh, and don't forget about how up-to-date they need to be with identity politics!

As for the original post, I'll believe it when I see it. 1983's SCARFACE is one of my favorite movies of all-time and probably my favorite Pacino performance. So to say it holds a special place in my heart would be an understatement. However, this will be the third different director attached to this remake. So again, I'll believe it when I see it but if it never gets made, I wouldn't shed a tear.

Re: Coen Bros. SCARFACE reboot [Re: J Geoff] #998569
10/21/20 10:39 PM
10/21/20 10:39 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
saw something that they might make tony African-american. hope i am wrong.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Coen Bros. SCARFACE reboot [Re: J Geoff] #998742
10/25/20 03:37 PM
10/25/20 03:37 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss

[Guadagnino] is also developing a remake of “Lord of the Flies” for Warner Bros.

I just noticed this, too -- OMG! There was already a 1990 remake of the 1963 film. rolleyes

Not sure if it was the 1963 film or the book, or both, but I believe the original version was about something like choir school kids being stranded on an island who eventually formed into two factions and began killing each other. Very civilized, nerdy kids becoming completely primitive after a few weeks without the industrial resources they were accustomed to. The 1990 version was about military cadets. Not really as intriguing considering these kids were already brainwashed into being feudal and aggressive in the first place. Surprised they didn't go to war with each other within hours of landing on the island.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Coen Bros. SCARFACE reboot [Re: J Geoff] #998743
10/25/20 03:42 PM
10/25/20 03:42 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
The first two Scarfaces were about immigrants who faced prejudice and felt the only way they could make it was by dominating crime. An Italian in the 1930's version, a Cuban in Miami in the 80's version. This version just has to be a Mexican immigrant. Who else? How would anyone expect anything else? The premise is perfect. I just don't get the Coen Bros writing it. I really don't care for their attempts to go completely dramatic. They're at their best when mixing dark comedy with drama. I really wish they'd do a movie on the LA mobs in the 40s and 50s. Dragna, Coen, Siegel, Frattiano. that would be right up their alley. Because a lot of those stories are unintentionally funny on their own like many of the Coen Bros characters and situations.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Coen Bros. SCARFACE reboot [Re: J Geoff] #1035757
06/11/22 02:32 PM
06/11/22 02:32 PM
ThisGuyOverHere Offline
Made Member
ThisGuyOverHere  Offline
Made Member
I can’t wait to see a 10-year-old Tony building C-3PO

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull