GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (DiLorenzo, Lou_Para), 83 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,703
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,277
Posts1,057,708
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Question for all our forum members... [Re: NYMafia] #997303
09/27/20 06:39 AM
09/27/20 06:39 AM
Dob_Peppino Offline
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline
Underboss
"One size doesn't fit all in this scenario"
I agree NYMAFIA. This is a subjective situation. One thought that came to mind is the fact that, CN aren't doing hits like the old days. That makes it easy for some of these well earning Associates to protect their businesses. And if you couple that with having alot of "friends", it may be smarter to not get made.

I mean in the 70s Billy Batts Bentvena was a made guy( of varying levels of importance) and he couldn't protect his business or save his own life. We could assume that happened 100 times over with Associates. For me, if you are so criminally savvy, why deal with the mob at all if you don't want a button??? Why? Because its "safer" now?

If I was a Boss or a Capo for that matter and you turned down a button, you'd better have alot of "friends" speaking up for you lol
You'll be thinking life is good then the story would go "yeah he came in the club that one night, then he just vanished...."

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano
Re: Question for all our forum members... [Re: NYMafia] #997315
09/27/20 06:30 PM
09/27/20 06:30 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Now that we have swatted around this subject for a bit, and I see that there is indeed deep interest related to this mob phenomena, We will be putting out what I personally consider to be an extremely sensitive and accurate depiction of what ITS REALLY LIKE out there "on the streets"

I debated posting this up because it indeed touches "most of the bases" regarding the differences between goodfellas and knock around guys. But after some thought I felt If I could write it up properly and succinctly enough so that our readers can truly get an insiders viewpoint, I'd do it. In other words if I could truly do it justice and explain to our readers what I consider to be the truest picture of "the street"... then I'd do it!

I do believe I've been able to accomplish that. I am almost done with the piece now.... Once complete, we will put it up in a separate stand alone post for all to read it and debate the content of it, if you so wish.

I do believe that it will be an eyeopener for many. I certainly hope so anyway. Lol

Last edited by NYMafia; 09/27/20 06:32 PM.
Re: Question for all our forum members... [Re: NYMafia] #997325
09/27/20 09:16 PM
09/27/20 09:16 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
I believe the rule always has been that no one can raise a hand to slap a made man, much less kill one. Back the old days when hits were common, I guess having the protection of a button was a good safety precaution.

Re: Question for all our forum members... [Re: Fleming_Ave] #997326
09/27/20 09:29 PM
09/27/20 09:29 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Fleming_Ave
I believe the rule always has been that no one can raise a hand to slap a made man, much less kill one. Back the old days when hits were common, I guess having the protection of a button was a good safety precaution.

Very good protection!.... and you are correct, NOBODY raises a hand to a goodfella if he wants to keep it.

But what guys used to do (LOL) is sneak a guy!.... not raise a hand. and not ask for permission to kill em.

You ever hear the expression "Cop a Sneak"? Well, thats what happened to many a wiseguy who was a cocksucker. Made or not, you abuse the wrong guy, then he'd just cop a sneak on you. Clip you on the sly without seeking permission. Fuck em! Clip em and dump em!

Many goodfellows got deep-sixed that way.... that why in the life you are told by the more savvy guys "Its nice to be nice"..... to everybody! Show respect!
Because anybody can pick up a gun or knife and kill you. Button or no button.

Re: Question for all our forum members... [Re: furio_from_naples] #997349
09/28/20 08:25 PM
09/28/20 08:25 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
I read an article that is on this topic and say that Francis Guerra a colombo associate refused to be made because doesn’t want to put the mob behind his family and that he have enought respect and more important to be made would expose him to most harsh sentence due the Rico.
Naturally if a mobster want the button as a prize he would be afraid of it,but it not rare today that a mobster refuse to be made.

It's mostly the fear of being watched too closely by the feds. His release is in May.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Question for all our forum members... [Re: NYMafia] #997354
09/29/20 03:57 AM
09/29/20 03:57 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
Originally Posted by NYMafia

Very good protection!.... and you are correct, NOBODY raises a hand to a goodfella if he wants to keep it.

But what guys used to do (LOL) is sneak a guy!.... not raise a hand. and not ask for permission to kill em.

You ever hear the expression "Cop a Sneak"? Well, thats what happened to many a wiseguy who was a cocksucker. Made or not, you abuse the wrong guy, then he'd just cop a sneak on you. Clip you on the sly without seeking permission. Fuck em! Clip em and dump em!

Many goodfellows got deep-sixed that way.... that why in the life you are told by the more savvy guys "Its nice to be nice"..... to everybody! Show respect!

I don't know what Gerry Pappa was thinking when he had the idea to Cop a Sneak on Shorty Spero. I wonder what proof the Colombo's presented to the Genovese. Then again it's not a jury trial. A couple of good common sense reasons and Pappa not being liked by a top guy and that's all it took.

Re: Question for all our forum members... [Re: NYMafia] #997355
09/29/20 04:01 AM
09/29/20 04:01 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
The Gambino Family wanted to whack Preston Geritano just because they thought he Cooped a Sneak on Bobby Boriello. They had beef going back to when they were hangarounds in the Gallo crew. It only later came out that Frank Lastorino whacked him on orders from Gaspipe.

Re: Question for all our forum members... [Re: ColonelReb] #997356
09/29/20 04:59 AM
09/29/20 04:59 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by ColonelReb
Originally Posted by NYMafia

I don't know what Gerry Pappa was thinking when he had the idea to Cop a Sneak on Shorty Spero. I wonder what proof the Colombo's presented to the Genovese. Then again it's not a jury trial. A couple of good common sense reasons and Pappa not being liked by a top guy and that's all it took.

----
Pappa was a bit of a loose cannon, and I'm not sure he was a favored guy up top. Regardless, mob lore has it that they gave that piece of work to Little Dom Cataldo of the Colombo's. He was a tough piece of work. I think Dominick was behind that shotgun that blew Gerry out of his shoes.

Re: Question for all our forum members... [Re: ColonelReb] #997362
09/29/20 07:09 AM
09/29/20 07:09 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by ColonelReb
The Gambino Family wanted to whack Preston Geritano just because they thought he Cooped a Sneak on Bobby Boriello. They had beef going back to when they were hangarounds in the Gallo crew. It only later came out that Frank Lastorino whacked him on orders from Gaspipe.

---
Thats true, and believe me more than a few of the unsolved gangland murders over the years were committed by guys who never asked for permission (because they maybe knew they wouldn't get it). They just sneaked the guy. The hierarchies as well as other wise guys on the streets never knew, and never asked who did it..... the body was just chalked up to a "mob hit" and left up in the air.

Another good example of this was Joe Brocchini who was hit in 1976 by Roy Demeo. Never sanctioned, Demeo just did it quietly without permission. ..... he "copped a sneak"

Re: Question for all our forum members... [Re: NYMafia] #997535
10/02/20 10:17 PM
10/02/20 10:17 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Not 4 nuthin' ..but did the good mods delete my earlier post of Robert DiBernardo's address????....Did I do something that was prohibited?? teach me..I won't take offense & I won't do it again..thanx.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Question for all our forum members... [Re: hoodlum] #997551
10/03/20 06:51 AM
10/03/20 06:51 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by hoodlum
Not 4 nuthin' ..but did the good mods delete my earlier post of Robert DiBernardo's address????....Did I do something that was prohibited?? teach me..I won't take offense & I won't do it again..thanx.

I have no idea.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull