GangsterBB.NET

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Cm, 1 invisible), 56 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Gina's Artroom
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website

>MobPosters.com
>Puzo Amazon Store
>Ebay: Godfather
>Ebay: Scarface

>Live Chatroom
A word from our sponsors...

Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
BuffaloGal, Shooter_McGavin, luk1337, Cm, Double_trouble
9878 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 57,145
DE NIRO 44,795
J Geoff 31,034
pizzaboy 23,291
SC 22,902
Mignon 19,066
Turnbull 18,489
Don Cardi 18,237
Sicilian Babe 17,295
plawrence 15,058
Beth E 14,900
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics38,440
Posts969,323
Members9,878
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pentangeli Meeting with Rosarto Brothers. #994847
07/31/20 08:34 PM
07/31/20 08:34 PM
Tampa, Florida
johnny ola Offline OP
Underboss
johnny ola  Offline OP
Underboss
Tampa, Florida
Sticking with the Pentangeli meeting with the Rosarto Brothers. Its my understanding that Pentangeli took over Clemenza's spot upon his demise (that was no heart attack). I would think that for a person to be elevated like that. They should be well experienced in the "life". With this being said. Why did Pentangeli tell his body guard Willie Cici to wait outside? He knew that the Rosarto brothers were bitter rivals. What caused this lapse of security? Especially with the meeting beginning with him be insulted with the C note?

I love my Chrysler and tuna fish sandwiches.
Re: Pentangeli Meeting with Rosarto Brothers. [Re: johnny ola] #994871
07/31/20 10:56 PM
07/31/20 10:56 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted by johnny ola
Why did Pentangeli tell his body guard Willie Cici to wait outside? He knew that the Rosarto brothers were bitter rivals. What caused this lapse of security? Especially with the meeting beginning with him be insulted with the C note?

Two reasons:
--He was being macho--trying to prove to the Rosatos that he wasn't afraid of them. And, they said to him, "I got nobody inside," which might have made Frankie look weak if he brought Cicci inside with him.
--It helped FFC set up the garotting scene--if Cicci were inside, they'd have had to kill him, too, which would have taken the focus away from Frankie and the cop coming in at the last second.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Pentangeli Meeting with Rosarto Brothers. [Re: Turnbull] #994876
07/31/20 11:19 PM
07/31/20 11:19 PM
Tampa, Florida
johnny ola Offline OP
Underboss
johnny ola  Offline OP
Underboss
Tampa, Florida
Originally Posted by Turnbull
Why did Pentangeli tell his body guard Willie Cici to wait outside? He knew that the Rosarto brothers were bitter rivals. What caused this lapse of security? Especially with the meeting beginning with him be insulted with the C note?

Two reasons:
--He was being macho--trying to prove to the Rosatos that he wasn't afraid of them. And, they said to him, "I got nobody inside," which might have made Frankie look weak if he brought Cicci inside with him.
--It helped FFC set up the garotting scene--if Cicci were inside, they'd have had to kill him, too, which would have taken the focus away from Frankie and the cop coming in at the last second.

I agree with everything you stated. It definitely was necessary for him to go in the bar alone to maintain the storyline. Just seemed out of character for the head of family. You never saw Mike without Neri being close by.

I love my Chrysler and tuna fish sandwiches.
Re: Pentangeli Meeting with Rosarto Brothers. [Re: Turnbull] #995047
08/04/20 12:28 PM
08/04/20 12:28 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

Two reasons:

A little off the subject, but I don't understand why Profaci wasn't able to take out Gallo after Gallo kidnapped some of Profaci's people (Profaci did manage to murder several of Gallo's crew and almost his brother). However, I guess it's not that easy sometimes. For example, Costello didn't take out Genovese and Castellano didn't take out Gotti (although he was able to take out DeMeo).

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Pentangeli Meeting with Rosarto Brothers. [Re: johnny ola] #995203
08/08/20 12:36 AM
08/08/20 12:36 AM
Australia
Lana Offline
Capo
Lana  Offline
Capo
Australia

Two reasons:

I agree with everything you stated. It definitely was necessary for him to go in the bar alone to maintain the storyline. Just seemed out of character for the head of family. You never saw Mike without Neri being close by.
The two times, Neri was not close by Mike, dire consequences Dreadful indeed

1. 'abortion' Hotel Washington – Michael lost his wife [Rocco was no Neri]
2. Opera, Sicily – Michael's daughter got killed [Vincent was no Neri]

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull