GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 126 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,172
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
If You Were A Boss #994660
07/29/20 01:34 PM
07/29/20 01:34 PM
Dob_Peppino Offline OP
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline OP
Underboss
So you've just been crowned A Boss of (fictional) one of the Five Families. How Would You Go about consolidating your power? What Rackets would you focus on? And what rules would you apply to you Family?

Lastly, I am providing some scenarios, that actually happened. How would you deal with them???
1.) One of the powerful Captains in your Family disapproves of your elevation to the top spot. What do you do about it?
2.) Two of the other Families are conspiring to get rid of One of the other Bosses (you are neither a fan or enemy necessarily of the guy. What do you do about it?
3.) You end up going to the Can for a minimum of 10yrs. What do you do?

(My answer will be on a separate post) Everyone's post will be available for scrutiny including mine, remember this can be as realistic or outlandish as you want after all IT'S YOUR FAMILY. Have fun!!!!

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano
Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Dob_Peppino] #994662
07/29/20 02:10 PM
07/29/20 02:10 PM
Paris
M
Malavita Offline
Capo
Malavita  Offline
M
Capo
Paris
1.) One of the powerful Captains in your Family disapproves of your elevation to the top spot. What do you do about it?

I make him my Consigliere. (keep your enemies closer...). I appoint one of my loyalists as a captain of his former crew. I make his main protégé a captain of a different crew. I give a couple of his associates their buttons but i put them in different crews.

Pros :
- Making him a consigliere keeps the unity within the family ( kind of similar to when Gambino made Dellacroce his underboss).
- Being Consigliere means more power and money to him so hopefully, he will no longer contest my leadership and he'll be satisfied with the situation.
- As a Consigliere, he more or less has to go along with my vision and eventually i can make him an ally (what Stanfa tried to to do with Joey Chang)
- I prefer to make him consigliere than underboss so he is not my immediate successor.

Cons :
- I give my enemy a lot of power and i can't guarantee he won't use it against me
- As a consigliere, he becomes a legitimate Boss contender so if I am somehow in a difficult position he can make a legitimate move against me.

2.) Two of the other Families are conspiring to get rid of One of the other Bosses (you are neither a fan or enemy necessarily of the guy. What do you do about it?

Since I have just been appointed Boss, i'd rather not start getting involved in a potential war. But if I'm not careful, i might end up on the wrong side of the power struggle between the families. So i'd go along with the coup. With me on board, that makes 3 families that are opposed to that particular Boss and the fourth family would have no other choices but to come with us because there is no way a family would go against 3 families. So finally, the Boss would have to go because he 'd have all the other families against him. Proceeding that way will allow us to make it a peacefull move. The four Bosses would tell that Boss that he has to step down and that it's better if he does it peacefully. We negotiate some sort of retirement for him and we pick his successor.

I keep the Boss title but I don't pretend i'm gonna run the family from jail. I appoint an Acting Boss whom I trust and who is well respected within the family and by the other families. I tell him that he can run the family on a daily basis without consulting me but he has to go by me for all the important decisions : inducting members, killings, big business partnerships with other families or other Criminal organizations, promotion/demotion, transfer between crews.

Last edited by Malavita; 07/29/20 02:14 PM.
Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Dob_Peppino] #994663
07/29/20 02:13 PM
07/29/20 02:13 PM
Dob_Peppino Offline OP
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline OP
Underboss
So starting out, I would restructure the Family. To insulate myself, I would focus on my own Personal business interests and only deal with the Commission for the most part. I would elevate to the Underboss position the most powerful Capo from an opposing Faction in the Family. He will act virtually as the Head of the Family. I would have final say on who gets made and who gets whacked, while he runs the day to day operations. I would elevate the most senior (30yrs plus)Soldier to the Consigliere position. NO ONE gets made without a blood or martial relative being a member for 10yrs (aside from earning though making bones will not necessarily be a requirement)

The captain of my old crew would be in effect my Street Boss meaning, he'd be my eyes and ears and the only person from the Caporegime that would have access to me. He acts as the enforcer of my rules.
My rules: Absolutely no drug dealing, No Illegal business venture with the other Families. All sitdowns go on record with the Street Boss and to be decided by him, if it goes any further, somebody gets Clipped. If anyone gets pinched for drugs they are on their own, if its is other charges Their Capo MUST support them and their Family. Any problems with the other Family goes up the chain to Me, The Boss.

Scenarios
1.) If he is a earner, he get busted down to soldier. If not a earner, he gets shelved.
2.) I would get information from all parties but essentially remain on the fence and conduct my personal affairs
3.) Depending on my age (if I am younger then 60) the administration would act as a ruling panel with my Street Boss having final say and access to me. (If I am older then 60) I would officially step down and turn over the Family to My Street Boss. Why??? Because he came from My crew, thats why!!!

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano
Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Dob_Peppino] #994664
07/29/20 02:28 PM
07/29/20 02:28 PM
Paris
M
Malavita Offline
Capo
Malavita  Offline
M
Capo
Paris
Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino

Scenarios
1.) If he is a earner, he get busted down to soldier. If not a earner, he gets shelved.

If i may, It's not really realistic though. If the guy is powerful, as you stated in your initial post, then it can't be as simple as demoting him or putting him on the shelf because then he might gather support and start a coup against you. I mean if you have just been appointed Boss, you want to solidify your leadership and have unity within the family. So if your first decision is to get rid of one of the most powerful member of the family because he is not your ally then it will create tensions within the family and your leadership can be exposed. Not to mention, the commission would not look too kindly of such move.

The way i see it, part of being a Boss is being able to manage the different factions within your family. History has showed that the most successfull Bosses were the ones who could coexist with some of their rivals.

Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Dob_Peppino] #994673
07/29/20 04:16 PM
07/29/20 04:16 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Good proposal Peppino. lol...

1) The first thing I would do would be to insist that ALL members and associate-members get into a legitimate business. Either buy one, partner in one, of get a job through a friendly union or with a "friends" company. VERY important to show legal income, plus it allows all individuals to have some sort of legit income regardless of how large or small it may be. Everybody has SOMETHING.

Ideally through our borgata make sure all good fellows are gainfully employed if not actually working daily. They have a pay check.

2) Next, If not already in place, start a major bookmaking operation that ALL members are required to contribute to. Either as a runner, getting a "sheet" and picking up a few players, or becoming sub-bookies (banking their own or in partnerships). This becomes another way for EVERYBODY to earn a potentially VERY GOOD income without stepping out with dangerous activities that make them face 20-30 years in the can. It is a 'FAMILY' business. All share in it.

3) Next, If I have it fine, if not then we pool resources and put out "on the street" a Family bankroll. Goodfella's buy the money at 1% weekly. Capos' pay 1/2 to 3/4 of a point weekly. BUT COLLECTIVELY we try and get $1,000,000 out there. It'll bring in $350,000 to $500,000 a year..........NOBODY TOUCH IT. It'll grow to a few million within a few years. Another good source of money. And it helps to keep the troops fed.

4) BAN ALL extremely dangerous activities: hard narcotics, high risk robberies, murders, etc. (this prevents rats)

5) If anybody steps out of line, they get shelved PERIOD!!........ If a guys a cocksucker and has to go. he disappears. NO CORPSE!...... and thats ONLY as a last resort. not a "business model"

6) As BOSS, I immediately elevate the few guys closest to me. My underboss is MY MAN, NOT another guy from another crew. MY consigliere is an old, veteran old-timer. WISE, but with no ambitions. He's way too old!

7) Skippers? I keep a few from other crews (even if they aren't my favorites to keep peace. It is the right thing to do. so long as they recognize me as boss - if not? then I knock em down).

8) BUT I DEF keep a few of my closest and most capable men as soldiers (in the shadows) to protect them for future use. Sleepers who watch my back. If they are on top they could get pinched and then I lose my ace in the hole. NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT, I keep a few of my most beloved guys as "associates". This way NOBODY can give them an order. They are beholden to only me. Thats my palace guard. I treat as good if not better than good fellows, but they are FREE of restraints. KEY! KEY! KEY!........... (a personal regime - on the side. away from the technical hierarchy).

9) I treat ALL MEMBERS fairly. I "make" only men that I trust. They DON'T have to be killers. Because just cause a guys a killer DON'T make him a good guy or trustworthy. It could actually make him the compete opposite.

10) I personally utilize my UB and skippers as buffers the way the system was always supposed to be. I stay in the "shadows". A BOSS that's in jail can't help anybody.

11) and God forbid I get a long bit? I relinquish my position for the good of the borgata the way Tony Corallo did.... a rare good move. Altruistic although Amuso and Casso destroyed his good intentions. NOTE: I would elevate someone close to either act in my stead (or I'd relinquish total control, depending upon the politics of the family) But this is a tough question. Probably the toughest...... In a perfect world, if I'm already up there in age. I'd relinquish, but I would try and negotiate to become a "elder consigliere". Still very respected, which will allow for me to step back and realize a % of the hierarchy profits satisfying my money needs, but allows for a smooth succession of power to a younger and hopefully low key, clean man.

This is the way it has worked in some of the smaller, tighter run "out of state" families that get along.... it is a perfect transfer of power. but still honors the elders and former superiors.

12) ALL crews keep operating but keep separate, like "cells". a minimal amount of exposure. It Keeps the mingling between wise guys to a low for anonymity and safety. Its called Survival in 2020.............

13) etc etc There are a thousand more moves. But these would be among my first.

Last edited by NYMafia; 07/29/20 05:52 PM.
Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Dob_Peppino] #994675
07/29/20 05:29 PM
07/29/20 05:29 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
nice thread !

Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Dob_Peppino] #994681
07/29/20 06:59 PM
07/29/20 06:59 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
I would do exactly what Rusty did.
Worked out Perfectly.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FPhilip_Rastelli&psig=AOvVaw0QRtMxe5le111njCdyOfiF&ust=1596150103456000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCMDRgNTI8-oCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Last edited by DuesPaid; 07/29/20 07:02 PM.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Dob_Peppino] #994696
07/29/20 11:07 PM
07/29/20 11:07 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
There are different scenarios there, unknown variables.

I look over the guys in my family. I make one of the most competent and loyal soldier my personal driver and bodyguard. A couple or few other soldiers will report directly to me if they are in important rackets, earners, or just a really loyal member who is not afraid to voice their opinions but still follows orders when the ruling is given. Consigliere is by vote by Every member in the family. Underboss, depends on scenario, no one fighting in the family, make the best candidate. If there is tension in the family, and a faction does not like that I am boss, but its leader lives by the rules, has some power or a force to reckoned with and earner, offer him the position as well as negotiations. All works out, approve who he wants to take over his old crew, and allow him to propose someone for membership, this is one time where two members will not be needed. If he does not see any compromise or is just too greedy and power hungry then kill him. I make either a competent family member or loyal member of my crew capo. The capos voted me boss so not really much to fear there. If a capo wants to retire or step down, I allow it and make his suggestion of his replacement as capo of that crew. When that is worked out, I concentrate on legitimate business, real estate, ect. I would meet with my capos at least once a week or every two weeks and change up the routine if need be. Make sure and try to be available for my capos. I will also make sure to have connections politically.
Rackets. Booking and Gambling has always been bread and butter, so no sense in changing that. Loan sharking, real estate, unions, waste management, Auto mobile industry,parking garages and lots, adult entertainment. Whatever it takes to make a buck. Hardcore drugs no way, that shit ruins many lives and families.
Rules: No inductions unless got the ok, and at least two official administration members are present, acting does not count. The guy being brought in has to be at least 30 years old even if it is one of my kids, knows the ins and outs, be known to the family for at least 10 years, be proposed by two active members of the family. If a member needs cash and under a 1000 dollars, no points be charged to him, but the money being loan needs to be known to the crew capo and reported to an administration member, the capo is responsible to make sure the soldier pays back the loan to the other soldier, the capo is in charge of punishment if a loan is welched on and inform an administration member. Every weekend, spend time with your family unless called upon. Killings are only as a last resort.
1) I went over this.
2) Why and I like to see the evidence and reasoning for them trying to remove the other boss. As long as the boss is following the guidelines and not breaking them, then it is his family to do as he wish. If he is breaking the rules and guidelines, then he should be disposed of. I'll make enemies with my actions if the bosses hate the boss of that family, but I am backing up as I see no reason why he should be disposed of. If the two bosses concocted a story to get the other boss in trouble, then make it known throughout the society and allow them to step down and retire, if refuse, there is always someone wanting the top spot in their families.
3) I am in prison for 10 years? Or 10 years is the sentence? If 10 years is the sentence I can be out in 5 years, there are many things to get good time off. Before being locked up, I would make sure most business is taken care of, inducting members and killings and keep the title of boss. No killing or inducting new members unless this was discussed before and the timing was bad but still gave the ok. Underboss is now the acting boss, unless he too is with me in which case no new members will be permitted and the Consigliere is the new acting boss. If I am in the can for 10 years, I relinquish my title, and let the capos vote for new boss, I dont see appointing the underboss as boss, just acting boss. If the capos believe the underboss is the right man for the job, then they will vote him as boss. Just leave it up to the capos. Consigliere still stays the same for everyone to vote for that position instead of just the capos.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Dob_Peppino] #994699
07/30/20 12:03 AM
07/30/20 12:03 AM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss

Lastly, I am providing some scenarios, that actually happened. How would you deal with them???

1. Hit him

2. Since I don't know the reason they want to take out a boss, I can only stay neutral and offer to mediate a truce between all parties involved.

3. Appoint 3 loyalists to a ruling panel. They have full boss powers except making and breaking captains

Last edited by Neo; 07/30/20 12:09 AM.
Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #994700
07/30/20 03:06 AM
07/30/20 03:06 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
There are different scenarios there, unknown variables.

I look over the guys in my family. I make one of the most competent and loyal soldier my personal driver and bodyguard. A couple or few other soldiers will report directly to me if they are in important rackets, earners, or just a really loyal member who is not afraid to voice their opinions but still follows orders when the ruling is given. Consigliere is by vote by Every member in the family. Underboss, depends on scenario, no one fighting in the family, make the best candidate. If there is tension in the family, and a faction does not like that I am boss, but its leader lives by the rules, has some power or a force to reckoned with and earner, offer him the position as well as negotiations. All works out, approve who he wants to take over his old crew, and allow him to propose someone for membership, this is one time where two members will not be needed. If he does not see any compromise or is just too greedy and power hungry then kill him. I make either a competent family member or loyal member of my crew capo. The capos voted me boss so not really much to fear there. If a capo wants to retire or step down, I allow it and make his suggestion of his replacement as capo of that crew. When that is worked out, I concentrate on legitimate business, real estate, ect. I would meet with my capos at least once a week or every two weeks and change up the routine if need be. Make sure and try to be available for my capos. I will also make sure to have connections politically.
Rackets. Booking and Gambling has always been bread and butter, so no sense in changing that. Loan sharking, real estate, unions, waste management, Auto mobile industry,parking garages and lots, adult entertainment. Whatever it takes to make a buck. Hardcore drugs no way, that shit ruins many lives and families.
Rules: No inductions unless got the ok, and at least two official administration members are present, acting does not count. The guy being brought in has to be at least 30 years old even if it is one of my kids, knows the ins and outs, be known to the family for at least 10 years, be proposed by two active members of the family. If a member needs cash and under a 1000 dollars, no points be charged to him, but the money being loan needs to be known to the crew capo and reported to an administration member, the capo is responsible to make sure the soldier pays back the loan to the other soldier, the capo is in charge of punishment if a loan is welched on and inform an administration member. Every weekend, spend time with your family unless called upon. Killings are only as a last resort.
1) I went over this.
2) Why and I like to see the evidence and reasoning for them trying to remove the other boss. As long as the boss is following the guidelines and not breaking them, then it is his family to do as he wish. If he is breaking the rules and guidelines, then he should be disposed of. I'll make enemies with my actions if the bosses hate the boss of that family, but I am backing up as I see no reason why he should be disposed of. If the two bosses concocted a story to get the other boss in trouble, then make it known throughout the society and allow them to step down and retire, if refuse, there is always someone wanting the top spot in their families.
3) I am in prison for 10 years? Or 10 years is the sentence? If 10 years is the sentence I can be out in 5 years, there are many things to get good time off. Before being locked up, I would make sure most business is taken care of, inducting members and killings and keep the title of boss. No killing or inducting new members unless this was discussed before and the timing was bad but still gave the ok. Underboss is now the acting boss, unless he too is with me in which case no new members will be permitted and the Consigliere is the new acting boss. If I am in the can for 10 years, I relinquish my title, and let the capos vote for new boss, I dont see appointing the underboss as boss, just acting boss. If the capos believe the underboss is the right man for the job, then they will vote him as boss. Just leave it up to the capos. Consigliere still stays the same for everyone to vote for that position instead of just the capos.

Wow
Great post giacomo !
As always !

Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #994704
07/30/20 05:56 AM
07/30/20 05:56 AM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss

If there is tensio needs ton in the family, and a faction does not like that I am boss, but its leader lives by the rules, has some power or a force to reckoned with and earner, offer him the position as well as negotiations. All works out,

A problem person needs a bullet, not a promotion.

Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Malavita] #994717
07/30/20 02:42 PM
07/30/20 02:42 PM
Dob_Peppino Offline OP
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted by Malavita

Scenarios

If i may, It's not really realistic though. If the guy is powerful, as you stated in your initial post, then it can't be as simple as demoting him or putting him on the shelf because then he might gather support and start a coup against you. I mean if you have just been appointed Boss, you want to solidify your leadership and have unity within the family. So if your first decision is to get rid of one of the most powerful member of the family because he is not your ally then it will create tensions within the family and your leadership can be exposed. Not to mention, the commission would not look too kindly of such move.

The way i see it, part of being a Boss is being able to manage the different factions within your family. History has showed that the most successfull Bosses were the ones who could coexist with some of their rivals.

I agree with your assessment of the situation. Here's is how I See it.
The logic is to make Money. But the Boss has to remain powerful. It doesn't mean he has to be arrogant or too my point Trigger happy. You can't always reward but I want it to be known the I can be merciful in Punishment. That I can be Reasonable. You don't always have to lead with the gun but you can't reward against your own best interests.

Remember I said that My underboss would be someone from an opposing faction in the Family. In my eyes I've already given an olive branch but I as showed I not out to have you kill for alittle thing. You are still aloud to earn but if you get out of line, your gonna have life issues.

Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: NYMafia] #994718
07/30/20 02:54 PM
07/30/20 02:54 PM
Dob_Peppino Offline OP
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline OP
Underboss
Great post @NyMafia

Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #994720
07/30/20 03:12 PM
07/30/20 03:12 PM
Dob_Peppino Offline OP
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline OP
Underboss
I like your style!!! @Giacomo

Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Neo] #994721
07/30/20 03:13 PM
07/30/20 03:13 PM
Dob_Peppino Offline OP
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline OP
Underboss
A straight to the point kinda boss. I like @Neo

Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Dob_Peppino] #994724
07/30/20 04:06 PM
07/30/20 04:06 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
Great post. I'm at work and can't write a full and long post;

I would run my family like a corporation; Kind of like Paul Castellano did. I'd be more of a business man but I would be ruthless If push comes to shove. I'd focus on White Collar crimes and the garment industry. There is alot of money in that industry.

A Captain who opposed my succession as boss; I would have a talk with him and if he still doesn't want accept me; He would be murdered or put on the shelf. His body would be sinked into the ocean where he could never be found.

When it comes to my Underboss; I'd be someone that I'm close too; and is well respected in the family. He would have had to be a made guy for 30+ years. I would let my Underboss front for me like Fat Tony Salerno. He would have power to make members; and order murders with my consent.

My Consigliere; He would be a old wily veteran. Someone who respected the rules.... I would want my Consigliere to oversee my NJ crews. Kind of like Louis Manna. This is too prevent my Underboss who will also be Front Boss from becoming too powerful. I would want other families to think my Consigliere is my #2 guy. Not the Underboss..

All crews are too be autonomous (Not too mingle much)

I'd have a a made guy or two would would only report to me. The ones that make millions of doller in their rackets.

Absolutely no drug dealing...

I'll have more stuff to add later.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 07/30/20 04:20 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Neo] #994745
07/30/20 08:56 PM
07/30/20 08:56 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Originally Posted by Neo

If there is tensio needs ton in the family, and a faction does not like that I am boss, but its leader lives by the rules, has some power or a force to reckoned with and earner, offer him the position as well as negotiations. All works out,

Demoted or shelved. If you kill every member worth a lot more alive, you will end up with shitheads around you, making the family weak and stagnant, not expanding into the future. One thing no one is talking about is how much a soldier and crew kickup. Too much and you get disgruntled members in the ranks, too little and you make a chance of yourself becoming a target by appearing to he a pushover. It is a balancing act, and you have to look at what each individual crews and soldiers make. Some pay more if they make more, others pay less if they make less. It is best to put half of the kickup into the family bank, this is for members lawyer fees, support incarcerated members families ect, if convicted or jailed for a family sanction crime. A non sanction crime, not clearing it with their capo and boss first is where they are on their own. Always touch base. The other half is devided between the administration members. There are different names for it but it is all the same.

Now how I posted on running a family is based on a majority of the family is based in NYC and surrounding area. The family may have a crew in New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida and a few members scattered around the country, west coast, Las Vegas, maybe outside the United States, but still the family administration resides in New York City. Brooklyn, Manhattan, Bronx ect are the major factions in the family or blood relations. Real life Genovese New Jersey faction is a force to reckoned with and historically has maintained a member from that faction in the family administration.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Dob_Peppino] #994746
07/30/20 08:58 PM
07/30/20 08:58 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Interesting topic. My take:

The disapproving Captain - He goes tomorrow.
If he was stupid enough to voice his displeasure,to leave him alive would only serve to make him the focal point for other dissatisfied members who would now know they had an ally for a possible coup.
A new Boss has to establish the respect he is entitled to from day one. Also,the remaining members will feel secure in their respective roles,knowing that their survival means that the Boss has settled all scores,and everyone starts with a clean slate.

I'm assuming that as a Family Boss,I was now seated on the Commission,therefore the situation involving a plot against another Boss would be decided on a vote. After hearing the case made by the person who wants to whack the Boss I can vote without taking a side,but rather by deciding what is best for the Organization as a whole'

I go to jail - I name an acting Boss who is in charge of day - to - day activities with the assistance of the Consigliere. Any major decisions - murders, Inter-Family matters,etc. will be transmitted to me through my trusted Family attorney during his regular (and un-monitored) visits.

Rackets - the usual_ Gambling,loansharking,unions,construction (including bid rigging) ,hijacking, plus some stock frauds,bustouts,bars,restaurant and strip club ownership, in General the usual. If you deal drugs,you do it on you're own. Get caught,you go.

Structure - Soldiers report to Captains,Captains to the Underboss,Underboss to me. There may be some circumstances under which ,a select Capo or two,may approach me directly.
The Consigliere's position is as a neutral party. His main function will be to advise me, but more importantly, he serves as a buffer to the Family members,both to give them a safe place to address concerns that they may have,and also to serve as a layer of protection from the whims of a capricious Boss.

Money flows upward,but everyone is assessed a fair split. Associates split 50/50 with the Soldier they are under,Soldiers split 50/50 with their Capos,Capos kick up 10% to the Boss (Capos have many Soldiers under them,so 10% is a good bit of money). Separate arrangements will be made foe the Underboss and Consigliere depending on whatever businesses or crew they are running.

Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Dob_Peppino] #994748
07/30/20 09:18 PM
07/30/20 09:18 PM
WhackWhack Offline
Made Member
WhackWhack  Offline
Made Member
1- If I am newly crowned I am in no mood for insubordination. I outsource the hit to one of the families from question 2 and give him the Bianca lupara. Totally get rid of the body and evidence. Before this happens I publicly announce I want the beef squashed and elevate him to Underboss. Once he is gone I name the guy I truly wanted as my #2 as "acting" UB while I pull a Gotti and have the Borgata do an "investigation" on what happened to the missing capo/UB.

2- I go along with them. The commission is 5 families. If 2 are already conspiring I throw my weight in with them. Now we control the commission with 3 of the 5 voices. I tell them my price though is that they handle getting rid of my problem from question #1.

3- If it is only a 10 year bid and I am going to be 65 or younger once released I stay on as the don I use blood family members and my most loyal soldiers/capos run the family on my behalf. I give them powers like Vic Orena, ability to induct new members and also order hits as long as 2/3rds of my ruling panel OK it. So pretty much I would put in place a 3 man ruling panel. My UB/Most loyal Capo/Closest blood relative. I tell my consigliere to keep an eye on things and if any fishy stuff happens (one of the ruling panel members has eyes for my spot) I tell the consig to go to my 2 allies on the commission to also handle the disloyal member.

I would have the family concentrate on opening dispensaries in legal states. Then use excess product to move on the streets in NY. Weed is minor compared to everything else so no problem focusing on that. I would avoid violence as much as possible but if need be I will order hits if I have to. I would also focus on gambling as much as possible and for my loansharking I would vet my customers and only lend to people I know are going to pay/not rat.

I also restructure my family. I would want to have a maximum of 75-80 made men in 6 crews.I respectfully shelve any elderly members and shelve anyone susceptible to flipping or long terms. I would try and give all my violent acts to a loyal group of 5-10 enforcers and promise them their family is 100% taken care of if they have to go away. That way only a limited amount of members are involved with violence.

I would totally ban any coke, heroin and pill trafficking. Hijacking I would dissuade but at the end of the day I would hopefully be getting $30-40 thousand a week from my family and any big scores the family is invovled in I would spread the wealth and not be greedy. My goal would be to make $1.5-2 mil a year and any extra I give to my members.

Last edited by WhackWhack; 07/30/20 09:26 PM.
Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #994750
07/30/20 09:43 PM
07/30/20 09:43 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
Originally Posted by Neo

Demoted or shelved.

In the words of Gigante: "We don't break capo's, we kill them."

Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Dob_Peppino] #994754
07/30/20 09:59 PM
07/30/20 09:59 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Whack Whack: Good idea about the dispensaries. Just goes to show why the Mob will never go away. I'm an older guy and never even thought about the legal weed biz,but the younger wiseguys are a lot more in tune with the newer opportunities that didn't exist years ago.

Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Lou_Para] #994757
07/30/20 11:19 PM
07/30/20 11:19 PM
WhackWhack Offline
Made Member
WhackWhack  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted by Lou_Para
Whack Whack: Good idea about the dispensaries. Just goes to show why the Mob will never go away. I'm an older guy and never even thought about the legal weed biz,but the younger wiseguys are a lot more in tune with the newer opportunities that didn't exist years ago.

Exactly. Look at what Vinny Gorgeous sons were into. All major players in a huuuge marijuana distribution ring. And all got sentences that were not that bad considering the profit they were making. That is how the mob thrives today, this thing has been around over 90 years now. All 5 borgatas have tens of millions of dollars in their kitty to put into a variety of legit businesses. All the 5 families need to do is get fronts to apply for licenses to grow and distribute high grade weed in California, Colorado, Oregon and Washington. And then do what every single other legit grower does...all the extra yields they get they put aside to sell on the black market. All 5 families have links to shipping/cross country drivers that can take all the loads from the west coast and bring it to NY. It is a major money maker. And honestly, the profit margins they can make selling weed is probably pretty comparable to the money to be made in coke and heroin. I wouldn't be surprised if all 5 families were secret partners in the major legal marijuana companies. The seed money has to come from somewhere.

Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: WhackWhack] #994776
07/31/20 07:31 AM
07/31/20 07:31 AM
J
JoeTadaro Offline
Made Member
JoeTadaro  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted by WhackWhack
Originally Posted by Lou_Para

Exactly. Look at what Vinny Gorgeous sons were into. All major players in a huuuge marijuana distribution ring. And all got sentences that were not that bad considering the profit they were making. That is how the mob thrives today, this thing has been around over 90 years now. All 5 borgatas have tens of millions of dollars in their kitty to put into a variety of legit businesses. All the 5 families need to do is get fronts to apply for licenses to grow and distribute high grade weed in California, Colorado, Oregon and Washington. And then do what every single other legit grower does...all the extra yields they get they put aside to sell on the black market. All 5 families have links to shipping/cross country drivers that can take all the loads from the west coast and bring it to NY. It is a major money maker. And honestly, the profit margins they can make selling weed is probably pretty comparable to the money to be made in coke and heroin. I wouldn't be surprised if all 5 families were secret partners in the major legal marijuana companies. The seed money has to come from somewhere.

I couldn’t agree more. There is BIG money to be made in the marijuana business legal or illegal. If you have a little bit of money to spend and you can get indoor weed at a decent price shipped or brought into the east coast you will make a killing. And if you get caught it’s a slap on the wrist

Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: Dob_Peppino] #994790
07/31/20 11:42 AM
07/31/20 11:42 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy

In this cases the best things is the lupara bianca,the best things is to kidnap the capo and make the body disappear perhaps by dissolving it in acid or in a crematorium,this will be an excellent warning to other capos to don't question your leadership,and of course made the new capo,the best earner of the crew;

I would ask the bosses of the two families what they can offer me in exchange for my support.

I would appoint my trusted man as acting boss and give him enough freedom of action except for the induction,people to kill ecc.

As boss I would set up a fund to make sure that even the brokesters can afford a good lawyer, pay bail, etc. (like in the old times),for the drugs I will ban from directly dealing with drugs but not from financing the purchase of drugs to sell it to others and share the profits (like Scarfo sr with the meth).
I would hire electronic surveillance experts to periodically check that there are no FBI bugs.

For the other things,don't be greed,let someone earnes,made only the best best earners or the stand up guys and don't whack someone if not necessary.

Re: If You Were A Boss [Re: WhackWhack] #994902
08/01/20 11:22 AM
08/01/20 11:22 AM
Dob_Peppino Offline OP
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline OP
Underboss
Very Machiavellian style @WhackWhack

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull