Originally Posted by Terence
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted by pizzaboy
Great show. I love it so far. It brings '70s Manhattan to life like a hardcore episode of "Kojak." In episode three, there's a clear nod to "Mean Streets" when James Franco walks into the bar wearing a pie hat with a woman on each arm. Highly recommended.

LOL. I'm halfway into the first season. I'm watching it with my brother and we both noticed that.

It's alright. It's kind of slow-paced for my liking. I'm not sure if it's necessary for James Franco to portray two characters either. One of him is irritating enough.

I felt the same way at first, Moe. Give it a little more time. The other characters get fleshed out a bit more in seasons 2 & 3 (with a little less Franco). Plus the soundtracks are fucking phenomenal.

Just finished the first season. Last couple of episodes very good. I agree re: the soundtrack. The set and costume design and gratuitous nudity are all plus points as well. There's definitely the potential for me to enjoy it more in season 2 and 3 as you say.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.