GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 77 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,189
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
April family bad luck #988316
03/27/20 08:42 PM
03/27/20 08:42 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline OP
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline OP
S
Underboss
UK
Bad luck in their family was rife - has anyone mentioned this before?

Adrianna
Jackie sr
Jackie Jr
Richie

We’re there any real families that had as bad as this bad luck?!

Re: April family bad luck [Re: streetbossliborio] #988335
03/28/20 05:58 AM
03/28/20 05:58 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Yes. I am going to cheat and say the main branch family. Family members and relatives that were not in just one crime family. Alot of these families are married into one another.
DiAngelo, Violi, Rizzuto, Mangano, Anastasia, Gambino, Indelicato, Scalise, Bonventre, Bonanno, Licata, Abbatemarco, Scarpa, Badalamenti, Peraino, Profaci, Ormento.
There are many.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: April family bad luck [Re: streetbossliborio] #988369
03/28/20 10:00 PM
03/28/20 10:00 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Aside from Jackie Sr., I don't see where bad luck is the cause of death. In most cases stupidity and over-aggression. Adriana talked about drug connections to an undercover agent snarling her into a case where she had to inform or be exposed for letting the FBI infiltrate the Sopranos, even going right into Tony's house.

Richie was going to be killed for plotting to have Tony killed even before the fight with Janice.

Jackie Jr. robbed a card game killing a dealer and shooting at two made guys.

Seems the Apriles were more hard headed than unlucky.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: April family bad luck [Re: OakAsFan] #988377
03/29/20 04:51 AM
03/29/20 04:51 AM
U.S.A
T
Terence Offline
Made Member
Terence  Offline
T
Made Member
U.S.A
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Aside from Jackie Sr., I don't see where bad luck is the cause of death. In most cases stupidity and over-aggression. Adriana talked about drug connections to an undercover agent snarling her into a case where she had to inform or be exposed for letting the FBI infiltrate the Sopranos, even going right into Tony's house.

Richie was going to be killed for politicking to have Tony killed even before the fight with Janice.

Jackie Jr. robbed a card game killing a dealer and shooting at two made guys.

Seems the Apriles were more hard headed than unlucky.

I always felt like jealousy is what drove Richie and Jackie Jr to their ends.

- Richie wanting more while Tony had it all.
- Jackie Jr being kept out of the life while watching Christopher thrive in it.

Adriana just got squeezed between the sides.

Last edited by Terence; 03/29/20 05:11 AM.
Re: April family bad luck [Re: streetbossliborio] #988399
03/29/20 02:15 PM
03/29/20 02:15 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I always wondered how Tony didn't hold Christopher responsible for Adriana. He's a made guy and has his wife out there dabbling around with drugs, talking about connections, etc? He put himself in that position. I have to believe that if this is anyone else, they're gone too, along with their significant other. More of Tony's delusional belief that Chris was "family" who would inherit his kingdom.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: April family bad luck [Re: OakAsFan] #988554
03/31/20 04:33 PM
03/31/20 04:33 PM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
Tony also gave Christopher a pass, when he needed rehab. I think Tony said something along the lines “if it was anyone else, they would get their intervention, right in the back of the head”...he used sign language lol..but the message was clear.

Last edited by MolochioInduced; 03/31/20 04:34 PM.

In Sicily, women are more dangerous than the shotgun.
Re: April family bad luck [Re: streetbossliborio] #988595
04/01/20 01:04 PM
04/01/20 01:04 PM
G
Goldy Offline
Made Member
Goldy  Offline
G
Made Member
Richie and Jackie both were responsible for setting into the motion the series of events that led to their demise. Richie did that double, ha. Adriana really got screwed over by the FEDS, until she helped clean up the murder in her club. It's not like she was really involved in anything mob related. She was basically a civilian who ran a legit club, acquired to pay off a gambling debt sure, but she had no part in that. On her end anyways. Yeah, they used her office as a meeting place, but I don't recall them doing any mob related shit there they ran it like the 'Bing, as a legit place. Jackie Sr. smoked while he ate for fuck's sake so it's not like him dying of cancer at some point would have been a surprise to anyone. Ha.

Last edited by Goldy; 04/01/20 09:53 PM.
Re: April family bad luck [Re: streetbossliborio] #988618
04/01/20 09:47 PM
04/01/20 09:47 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline OP
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline OP
S
Underboss
UK
That’s true they were hard headed with Jackie Sr the only one with the charisma and power to be the boss. What an actor senior was may I say - would’ve loved to have seen him in more flashbacks. Was weird watching Tony be subservient to him in the flashbacks. Tony was subservient to no one for all of the series really.. maybe slightly to NY but even then he went to war with NY and even pushed back against Carmine Sr.

And Chris should’ve been whacked in the first 3 seasons man.

And giacamo surely violi and rizzutos probably win the most deaths in the family Jesus Christ. What about the 2 Genovese guys thrown off a roof just to be made examples of on the no drug rule by chin? Imagine being a close family member and within the space of 2 weeks both of them thrown off a roof. Regardless of all the persons deeds I would always feel for the family. I would feel for the gangster too if all his crimes were non violent (no bodies)!!!

Re: April family bad luck [Re: streetbossliborio] #988640
04/02/20 01:06 PM
04/02/20 01:06 PM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
Fair enough, but without Christopher, I wonder where the story line would of went.

Tony B sticks around with Tony, Furio never runs away? Tony and Christopher’s relationship provided some epic moments.

Would people of preferred to see him die when he was shot by Bevilacqua?

In Sicily, women are more dangerous than the shotgun.
Re: April family bad luck [Re: streetbossliborio] #988803
04/05/20 12:35 PM
04/05/20 12:35 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Good point, Molochio. Good television is the top priority. Plus it's really a show about a mobster in therapy. The mob storylines are secondary. It's more like a setting than the plot. It doesn't have to be completely realistic for it to work. Just real enough. Personalities. The cynical theme of the show gave them a lot of wiggle room to get a few things wrong with mob protocol. It almost comes off as a comedy. And when there's an oversight, it's easy to dismiss it as such. In other words, it's such a great show it can afford to make a few mistakes.

Re: April family bad luck [Re: streetbossliborio] #991405
05/17/20 10:14 PM
05/17/20 10:14 PM
B
bobbybacino Offline
Wiseguy
bobbybacino  Offline
B
Wiseguy
I always thought it was weird that episode where Jackie jr and Ralph are eating and jr
looks over and checks out Adrianna and Ralph says ah ah ah. They're supposed to be
related, cousins I think?

Re: April family bad luck [Re: streetbossliborio] #991409
05/18/20 12:46 AM
05/18/20 12:46 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
It not uncommon in the real families Bobby.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull