GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 80 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,149
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Random Questions #980527
11/07/19 03:38 AM
11/07/19 03:38 AM
L
LeeClaire Offline OP
Associate
LeeClaire  Offline OP
L
Associate
Some things I've been bouncing around in my head -- this forum seemed the best place to ask. Appreciate any insight anyone is able to give.

----

1. What would the day-to-day life be like for each rank in the mafia?

2. How would that day-to-day change if a mobster is made -- promoted to captain -- promoted to underboss/consigliere -- made boss?

3. What are the differences in the duties/functions/operations between an underboss and consigliere?

4. Would a captain keep running their crew day-to-day if they were promoted to underboss/consigliere? Does an underboss/consigliere still run a crew like a captain does/how does an underboss/consigliere make their money?

5. Is there a general idea of how kicking up money works? This article: https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/the-five-families -- indicates that each rank in the Gambino family under Gotti kicked up 20% to their boss with the underboss kicking up to Gotti. But if the underboss kicked up 20% of his kick up from the captains, wouldn't the underboss make more money than the boss?

6. How powerful is the Chicago Outfit these days?

7. What level of interaction would the Five Families have with Mexican cartels?

8. Has there ever been an American mafia boss that could rival the power/national influence/international reach of Pablo or Chapo (or Mayo Zambada if he always was the most powerful Sinaloa capo)?

9. Is there one mobster that would most often win 'most feared mobster in history' due to their violence or power they wielded -- or is it more a case of 'there's a lot, pick one'? I've read before that Chin was so powerful that mobsters abided his rule not to say his name, but I've also heard that the rest of the mafia laughed off his name decree.

10. What's the best estimates for the sizes of each of the mafia families in the States and Canada today? What about the biggest/most powerful families/clans for the different Italian OC groups?

11. Have any of the Italian mafia groups had an organization that matches the Five Families in size? I've read before that the Italian groups are almost always much smaller than the American families

12. Is the claim that the ndrangheta is the most powerful Italian group true?

13. Is it possible to definitively say what is a single most powerful organized crime group in the world, i.e., is the Sinaloa Cartel more powerful than [insert ndrangheta clan here]? Or the Yamaguchi-gumi? Or the Solntsevskaya Bratva?

----

Thanks again.

Last edited by LeeClaire; 11/07/19 03:40 AM.
Re: Random Questions [Re: LeeClaire] #980531
11/07/19 07:49 AM
11/07/19 07:49 AM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
'Ndrangheta is one of most powerful groups in the world right now , not just the Italian OC. Thing is you can't really compare power of organized crime groups who are stationed in different countries , because Solntsevskaya Bratva is insanely powerful in Russia, in Russia the state & mafia is literally same thing , you have a lot of powerful mafia bosses who are very close to huge politicians or they even become powerful politicians themselves. While in Italy you have masonic lodges & secret services who are real power behind the mafia.

Matteo Messina Denaro's father Francesco Messina Denaro started his mafia career as armed guard for D'Ali family , they were owners of Banco Sicula , biggest private bank in Sicily , Antonio D'Alì Sr. was a member of P2. His son Antonio D'Alì Jr. became a senator for Silvio Berlusconi's Forza Italia party and then in April 2001 under-secretary at the Ministry of the Interior, the institution responsible for fighting organised crime.His cousin Giacomo D’Alì is a counsellor of the Banca Commerciale Italiana in Milan. Antonino D'Alì who is senator was pictured meeting with mafia members in 2018. Just an example on how well they are connected in Italy.

Last edited by Strax; 11/07/19 07:59 AM.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Random Questions [Re: LeeClaire] #980532
11/07/19 07:51 AM
11/07/19 07:51 AM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
Originally Posted by LeeClaire
Some things I've been bouncing around in my head -- this forum seemed the best place to ask. Appreciate any insight anyone is able to give.
9. Is there one mobster that would most often win 'most feared mobster in history' due to their violence or power they wielded -- or is it more a case of 'there's a lot, pick one'? I've read before that Chin was so powerful that mobsters abided his rule not to say his name, but I've also heard that the rest of the mafia laughed off his name decree.
Thanks again.

Leoluca Bagarella
[Linked Image]

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Random Questions [Re: Strax] #980542
11/07/19 10:38 AM
11/07/19 10:38 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Originally Posted by Strax
Thanks again.

Leoluca Bagarella
[Linked Image]

Bagarella even in the 41 bis regime throws boiling oil to another inmate butenti for me was Pasquale Barra aka the animal the worst. Because was the NCO killer in the prisons and because stabbed to death Francis Turatello and bit his heart as stomach.

Re: Random Questions [Re: Strax] #980663
11/09/19 03:37 AM
11/09/19 03:37 AM
L
LeeClaire Offline OP
Associate
LeeClaire  Offline OP
L
Associate
'Ndrangheta is one of most powerful groups in the world right now , not just the Italian OC. Thing is you can't really compare power of organized crime groups who are stationed in different countries , because Solntsevskaya Bratva is insanely powerful in Russia, in Russia the state & mafia is literally same thing , you have a lot of powerful mafia bosses who are very close to huge politicians or they even become powerful politicians themselves. While in Italy you have masonic lodges & secret services who are real power behind the mafia.

Do you think comparing the power of OC groups within their respective countries is a worked endeavor, it would there be too many variables?

For instance, is the Solntsevskaya Bratva more powerful in Russia than the Sinaloa Cartel is in Mexico? Or is that comparison somewhat pointless since the countries are so different?

Re: Random Questions [Re: LeeClaire] #980689
11/09/19 09:23 PM
11/09/19 09:23 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662

Do you think comparing the power of OC groups within their respective countries is a worked endeavor, it would there be too many variables?

For instance, is the Solntsevskaya Bratva more powerful in Russia than the Sinaloa Cartel is in Mexico? Or is that comparison somewhat pointless since the countries are so different?

Too many variables overall. Most power OC groups have is their homebase.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull