GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Captbony1999, 1 invisible), 111 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,354
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,182
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Benny Fazio new acting boss? #973290
06/17/19 07:12 PM
06/17/19 07:12 PM
S
Southphilly4ever Offline OP
Made Member
Southphilly4ever  Offline OP
S
Made Member
Let’s say Tony lives at the shows ending as one can imagine was the case if they ever did shoot the rumored movie. We know that Carlo was going to rat so I can imagine Tony and Paulie both go away during the trial if not permanently. Even if Silvio make it through all intact, Carlo has dirt on him, plus Silvio already did not like being top guy when he had the duty while Tony was in his coma so wouldn’t want it. Chris and Baccala are gone, that only leaves Benny and Walden left on the street in Tony’s crew. Unless Carlo can also provide evidence on Benny to convict him as well, who else could be the new boss?

Last edited by Southphilly4ever; 06/17/19 07:12 PM.
Re: Benny Fazio new acting boss? [Re: Southphilly4ever] #973294
06/17/19 08:09 PM
06/17/19 08:09 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Feetch gets out and takes over.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Benny Fazio new acting boss? [Re: Southphilly4ever] #973297
06/17/19 08:21 PM
06/17/19 08:21 PM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
What about Larry's brother? If all of the top guys were gone, I'm sure N.Y.would move in and give the remaining nj guys an offer they couldn't refuse.

Re: Benny Fazio new acting boss? [Re: Southphilly4ever] #973299
06/17/19 08:59 PM
06/17/19 08:59 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Makes Sence

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Benny Fazio new acting boss? [Re: Southphilly4ever] #973305
06/18/19 09:13 AM
06/18/19 09:13 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
benny as boss ? it would be nice for him after all the suffering that he has been through

Re: Benny Fazio new acting boss? [Re: Southphilly4ever] #973311
06/18/19 11:12 AM
06/18/19 11:12 AM
G
Goldy Offline
Made Member
Goldy  Offline
G
Made Member
In the hypothetical if Carlo testified and was able to get Tony sent away.....Paulie would be next. Or Patsy. There are probably some other Capos that weren't in the show too on Junior's side that may step up, we briefly see some of these guys at Richie's "homecoming" at the Bing. Albert Barese would be a front runner. His cousin Larry was probably the most logical choice since they said in the show he had the biggest crew, but he's already facing serious time last we heard. Maybe he's the front boss in prison and Albert and him run the Family with Albert Acting Boss till or if Larry gets out of prison.

Re: Benny Fazio new acting boss? [Re: Southphilly4ever] #973314
06/18/19 12:03 PM
06/18/19 12:03 PM
S
Southphilly4ever Offline OP
Made Member
Southphilly4ever  Offline OP
S
Made Member
I would assume Patsy would also go down or under indictment since he was closer to things with Carlo than Benny was. Benny was under Chris and only took orders from him until Tony gave him the order to hit Phil so Carlo would’nt really have anything on him. Plus, the Feds have 2 different angles to put Patsy away, 1st being him being close to Tony now that his son is with Meadow and also perhaps they have info about his twin brothers murder and would hope that perhaps would get him to flip also.

Albert was seen as a good earner but didn’t the crew make remarks about him before about being not too bright? Benny seemed to be more respected by everyone and was proven to be loyal, smart and cunning.

Re: Benny Fazio new acting boss? [Re: Southphilly4ever] #973342
06/18/19 07:16 PM
06/18/19 07:16 PM
L
Lou_Para Online content
Underboss
Lou_Para  Online Content
L
Underboss
I'm gonna go with Silvio assuming he recovers. True, his run as acting Boss made him nuts,but some things have changed.
1) He only filled in as "acting Boss" and probably was trying to not make any waves until Tony (hopefully) recovered.
2) The guys that were causing him all of the aggravation wouldn't be around anymore.
3) As official Boss. he could lay down some hard and fast rules concerning "conflict resolution".
4) Also as Official Boss he would answer to no one.
5) He was smart,respected, (both inside and outside the Family), and always came across as very pragmatic in the advice he gave to Tony.
I think he would have been a steady,dedicated Boss who would be strong enough to steer the Sopranos through the tough times sure to come. I think that NewYork would seize upon the opportunity to move in perceiving that the Sopranos were weak.
Benny was too young and green,The Barese brothers were either locked up or mentally "challenged",and Patsy couldn't order a sandwich without an OK from above. Paulie is the X factor,so I'm assuming that he goes down on the Rico with Tony. If not, there could be a problem. I see him taking over the big seat either by consent,or if need be,a hostile takeover.

Re: Benny Fazio new acting boss? [Re: Southphilly4ever] #974267
07/02/19 11:38 PM
07/02/19 11:38 PM
C
chin_gigante Offline
Capo
chin_gigante  Offline
C
Capo
Don't see Larry Barese being a player in the family after Season 6B seeing as he was revealed (albeit not entirely truthfully) to be talking to the FBI in "Remember When"

Re: Benny Fazio new acting boss? [Re: Southphilly4ever] #974275
07/03/19 10:06 AM
07/03/19 10:06 AM
G
Goldy Offline
Made Member
Goldy  Offline
G
Made Member
He helped out Tony and himself by blaming Jackie Sr. for the Willie Overall thing. I don't see the harm in the misinformation, he wasn't snitching or giving up anything that could hurt anyone and Tony was pleased when he heard the news. Pretty smart really. Like Pussy said before they capped him "This disinformation is an effective technique!......it's a friggin' Ace!!!!" Only Puss was snitching and giving up legit info.

Re: Benny Fazio new acting boss? [Re: Southphilly4ever] #974282
07/03/19 01:58 PM
07/03/19 01:58 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Larry Barese is model after a couple of made members that gave misinformation to feds on orders from their bosses to throw the FBI off the scent or to know what the feds knew. The feds had enough Intel on investigations to know they were being played by said members and stopped contacts with them. The Feds never revealed their names in the documents. I have seen Larry Barese be compared to Greg Scarpa and Whitey Bulger, but those are not accurate comparisons for many reasons. Benny's is young and relatively new made man, and have not seen him around the crime family for very. The cases in real live that shows members get bumped up quick from associate to capo(John Gotti), soldier to boss (Joey Marlino, John Stanfa, Frank Desimone, Jimmy Fratianno) and other cases where soldiers to underboss and Consigliere, were guys that had been in that life most of their lifetime. We dont know how long Fazio has been around that life. Junior Soprano and Larry Barese crews have connections with other New York families, not just the Lupertazzi family. I can not see Benny as boss or administration member, we should not discount the old retire members who may temporary fill in the void or just remain boss with the backing of another strong family. Tony gets killed this would be the case, Tony gets arrested and goes to prison, he can pick an acting boss, we should also keep in mind Domenico DiMeo did the same but after two seasons he was all but forgotten in name and Jackie Aprile Sr makes it clear that DiMeo is no longer running things.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Benny Fazio new acting boss? [Re: Southphilly4ever] #974352
07/05/19 04:47 AM
07/05/19 04:47 AM
C
chin_gigante Offline
Capo
chin_gigante  Offline
C
Capo
Regarding the shape of the family by the end of season 6, I’d chart it like this:

Tony Soprano (Boss) [possibly still technically acting boss if DiMeo retained his title in name only]
Silvio Dante (Consigliere) [comatose]
Paulie Gualtieri (Capo) [running what’s left of the merged Soprano/ Gualtieri, Altieri/ Gervasi, Aprile/ Cifaretto and Moltisanti crews]
[Barese crew and Junior crew vacant if not disbanded]
Benito Fazio (Soldier) [99.9% likely made between seasons 5 and 6]
Pat Parisi (Soldier) [passed over for promotion again at the end of season 6]
Beppy Scerbo (Soldier) [still active and delivering tribute to Junior in season 6]
Albert Barese (Soldier) [likely still around]
Walden Belfiore (possible Soldier) [if made during the show, it was likely between seasons with Benny]
Tony Maffei (possible Soldier) [seen delivering tribute to Tony after Bobby’s murder; either made before 1999 or between seasons with Benny]
[Several incarcerated or otherwise inactive soldiers]

There is a sense that the family is depleted by the end, encapsulated by the wide shot of Paulie sitting outside Satriale's completely alone. 16 confirmed members either died or were killed throughout the show, Junior got shelved, Murf Lupo and Tommy DiPalma were too old and senile to be trusted with any criminal activity anymore, Pat Blundetto was retired, Sil was comatose, Feech, Larry and Beppy Sasso were in prison, Carlo flipped and there were who knows how many other members jailed with Ercole DiMeo or who followed the older guys into retirement.
Due to this attrition over the course of the show, it's conceivable that the DiMeo family was down to about 10 or fewer active members at the end of season 6 (there is precedent for that with Philadelphia estimated to be down to 10 active members on the street by 2004).
The absent-since-season-4 Allie Barese is most likely still around but it's notable that the Barese crew had no impact on the show or presence at family gatherings since Larry's incarceration and turning CI. Tony and Paulie were happy that Larry blamed Willie Overall solely on Jackie but they weren't coaching him on what to tell the feds and they weren't in contact so I very much doubt that they left him as a capo.
The problem with a lot of this theorising is it's hindered by the focus of the show as a piece of drama and the technical makings of a TV show. We can't chart all the old extras Junior hung around with throughout the show and count them as members because then his crew would be the size of half the family. The real reason Larry came back and Allie disappeared was because of behind the scenes troubles, not plot lines.
We also can't rely on wiki sources for information. A lot of the time it seems a general lack of understanding of LCN leaves characters listed as soldiers when they clearly aren’t. A lot of wikipedia articles seem to be likely written by people who conflate 'making your bones' with getting made. Even some official books misuse the term soldier to describe associates like Little Paulie and Donny K (who were definitely not made members because of the way they were repeatedly beaten up without consequence). People often invoke Benny being beaten up as evidence that he couldn't have been made but he seems to be the exception; Artie got a pass as a civilian and a close friend of Tony (Al D'Arco said he was recommended to stay an associate so that if he ever laid his hands on a made guy he could say he just didn't know), and Benny lost his dispute because he was doing the scam off-record.
Regarding the status of the Junior and Barese crews, crews have been left without leadership for long periods during the show. On the FBI chart from season 3, the Altieri crew's capo slot was seen to still be vacant (and with Ray Curto as an enthusiastic informant at the time I doubt the FBI would have failed to identify any hierarchy members). Bobby was still only running the Junior crew as a high-ranking soldier by the start of season 6. With the attrition in membership, I think it’s more likely that the crews were merged.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull