GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 62 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,212
Posts1,056,141
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 46 of 90 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 89 90
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #968226
03/31/19 11:27 AM
03/31/19 11:27 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
PRINCE OF DARKNESS

Huge fan of the man's Halloween and The Thing, but this sorta forgotten classic ranks up there as Carpenter's creepiest movie imo.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #968230
03/31/19 12:03 PM
03/31/19 12:03 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Prince of Darkness is a classic. The Homeless people gathering around the church is the most remarkable for for me as there are a few cameos in that group, Alice Cooper the most recognizable one.

I watched Underworlds back to back this morning. The First one with Joe Mantega, Dennis Miller, Annabella Sciorra, and Larry Bishop is not bad. It starts out with a massacre of mob members. Miller character is a gangster who has been released from prison with many questions and tries to get Mantega character to come back in the life. The movie takes place on the night of Fathers day and is a good ride. The other Underworld is a vampire versus werewolves. This is a good movie with a strong cast and performances. I really enjoy both of these movies.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #968232
03/31/19 01:42 PM
03/31/19 01:42 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Prince of Darkness is a classic. The Homeless people gathering around the church is the most remarkable for for me as there are a few cameos in that group, Alice Cooper the most recognizable one.

Great cameo yeah.
That "this is not a dream" sequence that's repeated throughout the movie is one of the most nightmarish things ever in a mainstream horror movie.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #968269
03/31/19 10:25 PM
03/31/19 10:25 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I watched John Carpenter's adaptation of the Stephen King novel, Christine, again.

It's good but it definitely loses its edge in the second half.

Great soundtrack!

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #968350
04/01/19 08:35 PM
04/01/19 08:35 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by Irishman12
HOTEL MUMBAI was a difficult film to watch at times. Overstayed it's welcome a little bit (runtime of 122 minutes). The Armie Hammer storyline was hamfisted in to the story, which honestly, could have been done without and still come off just as good. 6/10

Solid six, well....i was planning on this next but she changed her mind and wants to see US this week.

I may be able to watch some better movies soon as well since Ive decided to pull the trigger and get a streaming box, will keep cable as well but will have much more options.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #968401
04/02/19 03:14 PM
04/02/19 03:14 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by DuesPaid
HOTEL MUMBAI was a difficult film to watch at times. Overstayed it's welcome a little bit (runtime of 122 minutes). The Armie Hammer storyline was hamfisted in to the story, which honestly, could have been done without and still come off just as good. 6/10

Solid six, well....i was planning on this next but she changed her mind and wants to see US this week.

I may be able to watch some better movies soon as well since Ive decided to pull the trigger and get a streaming box, will keep cable as well but will have much more options.

Nice. What did you get? I wouldn't mind cutting the cord since I only watch a few channels, but there's some shows I don't believe are available on demand, so that's 1 reason I haven't done it yet.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #968436
04/02/19 08:12 PM
04/02/19 08:12 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.

Nice. What did you get? I wouldn't mind cutting the cord since I only watch a few channels, but there's some shows I don't believe are available on demand, so that's 1 reason I haven't done it yet.

I am going to meet up with a friend this week who has a friend who demos new type of Jet Stream box that hooks right up to your tv or device and the only thing it needs is WiFi for connection. I am going to check it out and see how it works , if I buy it I will use it as a add on for now to what I have now ( Cablevision).

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #968709
04/05/19 01:07 PM
04/05/19 01:07 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
SHAZAM! was a lot of fun. I didn't know much about the character going in to the film. Really the only thing I knew was he had many of the same abilities as Superman, but this is definitely one of the better DC movies as of late. Unfortunately, at times they almost "shove" their heroes in your face as one character constantly wears a Superman backpack, has Batman/Superman memorabilia in his room, at toy stores you only see Batman/Superman figures. I understand DC is wanting to promote their own brand and isn't going to plug Marvel; however, DC does have more superheros than Batman and Superman. Back to the film, it's funny, light-hearted and doesn't take itself too seriously. 6/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #968796
04/06/19 01:54 PM
04/06/19 01:54 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
I was pretty bored with PET SEMATARY and I should have known better. I have nothing against the man personally, but a handful of Jason Clarke's latest releases have been misses for me. From TERMINATOR GENISYS to WINCHESTER to the horrible SERENITY that was offered up earlier this year. I never read the book or saw the original so I wasn't sure what to expect going in, but the film takes some time to establish itself. The only part I somewhat enjoyed was maybe the last 5-10 minutes honestly. 5.5/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #968934
04/08/19 04:18 PM
04/08/19 04:18 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Watched two S. Craig Zahler movies.

BONE TOMAHAWK

Western-meets-Exploitation featuring the always great Kurt Russell. It's a bit of a slow-burn movie, but I happen to like slow-burn. There's some great and nuanced writing going on: it's quirky without venturing into comedy territory, it feels Western but remarkably "dirtier" and when the cannibal horror kicks in it doesn't feel out of place. The movie seems to bring you into a stable mood before hitting you over the head with ultra-violence that comes in fast at an almost unexpected moment and which features a show-stopper of a gruesome scene. I like this movie quite a lot.

BRAWL IN CELL BLOCK 99

The next Zahler movie I like about just as much as Bone Tomahawk. This time a Crime-meets-Exploitation movie it's again one badass affair with some remarkably nasty violence.
Yep, more of this please.

Then I also watched an Argentinian horror flick.

ATERRADOS

Didn't expect much from "Argentine" and "horror" but I was pleasantly surprised. A nice surreal and nightmarish mood as well as some truly unnerving set pieces. It all didn't make much sense, but for what it was, it was well done.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #969286
04/13/19 08:12 PM
04/13/19 08:12 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Last night watched Gotti with Armand Assante. He is one terrific actor. His delivery is so unique. It can only be matched by Rod Steiger.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #969334
04/14/19 08:15 PM
04/14/19 08:15 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
ESCAPE ROOM was better than I was anticipating. I felt it had a lackluster of an ending but prior to that, it was a pretty fun, and at times, pulse raising ride. Not overly grotesque as it's PG-13 and while I can't endorse everyone to see it at the theater, I would recommend catching it when it's available on a streaming service/HBO.

We are checking back on some of your reviews so we check our list we made for our Watchlist.

We just saw ESCAPE ROOM and both enjoyed it, next up GLASS.

Was also looking to see if you saw and rated VENUMI may not have gone back far enough, we watched that today as well and thought it was very well done.

Thanks again i12 and all.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #969335
04/14/19 08:23 PM
04/14/19 08:23 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
VENOM

Ok, so you knew it wasn't going to be Marvel quality going in; but it also wasn't FANTASTIC FOUR/DC level bad either. It's a funny, decently enjoyable ride if you go in with those expectations. The studio went with the PG-13 rating to appeal to a wider audience and I'm not sure a R rating would have done much more for it. Tom Hardy and Michelle Williams are better than this and terribly underutilized. I am a Tom Hardy fan and I can honestly say, I think this was one of his movies that wasn't great. Also, there were 2 credits scenes. The first was kinda cool with a funny cameo but the 2nd was absolute garbage! I doubt a sequel gets made and wonder what it'll do for Sony's plans for their non-Spider-Man Universe? 5.5/10

Found it and just read to DW

We enjoyed it a bit more, could go 6.5....we enjoyed the humor.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #969367
04/15/19 01:10 PM
04/15/19 01:10 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Awesome! Glad you saw them and appreciate my reviews. Thanks for the feedback.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #969388
04/15/19 10:06 PM
04/15/19 10:06 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.

We really do, read them all and look forward to them.

We have more of yours on our view list and will update after watch.

We both wish we had more time to watch the movies but are making time for it lately since we have better access now and like to see them together and then discuss.

Thanks i12..... keep em coming.

Last edited by DuesPaid; 04/15/19 10:07 PM.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #969424
04/16/19 01:42 PM
04/16/19 01:42 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro

We really do, read them all and look forward to them.

We have more of yours on our view list and will update after watch.

We both wish we had more time to watch the movies but are making time for it lately since we have better access now and like to see them together and then discuss.

Thanks i12..... keep em coming.

Will do sir! Last week I didn't see anything in the theater but this weekend I plan on seeing DRUNK PARENTS and then next week is AVENGERS: END GAME

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #969455
04/16/19 08:34 PM
04/16/19 08:34 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Very good.

Look forward to reading reviews.

TY i12

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #970120
04/26/19 01:52 PM
04/26/19 01:52 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
AVENGERS: ENDGAME

So the end has finally come and Marvel went out with a hell of a bang! Maybe the best superhero/comic book movie ever made. The third act was a smorgasbord of visuals and nicely knit storylines that fans will be geeking out over for years to come. Funny, emotional, beautifully shot. There's very little to complain about here. My only gripe would be the 3 hour run-time. I definitely plan on seeing it again in theaters (just going to wait a few weeks for the crowds to die down). And if you haven't done so already or plan on doing so, treat yourself and see it in IMAX! eek 9/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #970226
04/27/19 05:17 PM
04/27/19 05:17 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I thought Pet Sematary was a respectable remake of the original. Certainly less offensive than the It remake. Though there were a few things that didn't sit well with me, such as the deal with the kids wearing masks and Ellie morphing into Jud Crandall's deceased wife; less is more would've been better in that regard. Still prefer the ending in the original but the ending in the remake was a decent way for it to put its own stamp on things I guess.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Moe_Tilden] #970315
04/28/19 06:42 PM
04/28/19 06:42 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Certainly less offensive than the It remake.

Just curious as to what you found offensive in the IT remake?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #970319
04/28/19 07:13 PM
04/28/19 07:13 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I thought Tim Curry's portrayal of Pennywise was much more nuanced than Bill Skarsgard's. He wasn't just scary, he was charismatic and funny. I thought Bill Skarsgard's portrayal was too one-dimensional. I also thought the child actors in the original were better. There was definitely an overreliance on CGI and special effects at the expense of crafting a good story; likewise the selling point of the movie being set in the 80s with e.g. the nod to Nightmare on Elm Street showing at a movie theater in Derry.

I really can't overstate how much I disliked Pennywise in the remake. The way they designed him was like throwing shit on a wall and seeing what sticks, an example of what I'm on about being the rows of teeth he has when he opens his mouth.

One of the big differences I liked in the original was that the child (and adult) actors really sold the threat of Pennywise and their internal conflict. I was never really sold any threat in the remake. Pennywise seemed to expound more energy prancing around making goofy faces and showing off the movie's special effects budget than actually trying to kill the kids.

IDK maybe I'm just being a contrarian, I don't really like new horror movies in general. In terms of special effects it definitely beats the original hands down but IMO the original was a much better told story with scenes that remain with me to this day. I can't really remember anything from the remake save being extremely irritated (unintentionally) by the guy who played Seth Green's character in the original, and being let down by Pennywise.

TBH I think the role of Pennywise should've went to an American or British actor, but not the guy who was originally cast as Pennywise before Skarsgard - he sucks too.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #970322
04/28/19 07:41 PM
04/28/19 07:41 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Moe I understand what you are saying about it. It is hard to replace Curry, but I have to give credit to Skarsgard. Chapter 2 is coming out in September of this year which I am going to attend. After seeing chapter 2, then I will compare them. Like you the children actors from the original were better in my opinion.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Moe_Tilden] #970388
04/29/19 02:51 PM
04/29/19 02:51 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro

I thought Tim Curry's portrayal of Pennywise was much more nuanced than Bill Skarsgard's. He wasn't just scary, he was charismatic and funny. I thought Bill Skarsgard's portrayal was too one-dimensional. I also thought the child actors in the original were better. There was definitely an overreliance on CGI and special effects at the expense of crafting a good story; likewise the selling point of the movie being set in the 80s with e.g. the nod to Nightmare on Elm Street showing at a movie theater in Derry.

I really can't overstate how much I disliked Pennywise in the remake. The way they designed him was like throwing shit on a wall and seeing what sticks, an example of what I'm on about being the rows of teeth he has when he opens his mouth.

One of the big differences I liked in the original was that the child (and adult) actors really sold the threat of Pennywise and their internal conflict. I was never really sold any threat in the remake. Pennywise seemed to expound more energy prancing around making goofy faces and showing off the movie's special effects budget than actually trying to kill the kids.

IDK maybe I'm just being a contrarian, I don't really like new horror movies in general. In terms of special effects it definitely beats the original hands down but IMO the original was a much better told story with scenes that remain with me to this day. I can't really remember anything from the remake save being extremely irritated (unintentionally) by the guy who played Seth Green's character in the original, and being let down by Pennywise.

TBH I think the role of Pennywise should've went to an American or British actor, but not the guy who was originally cast as Pennywise before Skarsgard - he sucks too.

Thanks for the feedback and I agree with you wholeheartedly that Curry was a better Pennywise than Skarsgard. However, I liked the kids in the remake more probably. The banter and infighting they had seemed more realistic to me. And the opening scene from the remake stuck with me (similar to how it did with the original as well). Plus, I loved the fact they went for the R rating and didn't water it down to appeal to a wider audience. I understand the original was a TV mini-series and it was released in 1990, where the standards for TV are quite different than they are today. But I am eagerly anticipating Chapter 2 in September!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #970391
04/29/19 03:28 PM
04/29/19 03:28 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
I liked the IT remake tbh.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: TheKillingJoke] #970586
05/02/19 10:59 PM
05/02/19 10:59 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
I liked the IT remake tbh.

Haha that one was good looking forward to the sequel.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #971319
05/11/19 10:29 AM
05/11/19 10:29 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
New IT: Chapter 2 teaser got me pretty hyped!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: TheKillingJoke] #971332
05/11/19 01:48 PM
05/11/19 01:48 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro

Me too. Probably my 2nd most anticipated movie of the entire year, behind only Quentin Tarantino's ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #971334
05/11/19 02:43 PM
05/11/19 02:43 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss

Me too. Probably my 2nd most anticipated movie of the entire year, behind only Quentin Tarantino's ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD!

Definitely looking forward to that one as well, even though I'm not the biggest fan of his last few movies.
Curious to see what the new John Wick will bring as well.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: TheKillingJoke] #971396
05/12/19 06:54 PM
05/12/19 06:54 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro

Definitely looking forward to that one as well, even though I'm not the biggest fan of his last few movies.
Curious to see what the new John Wick will bring as well.

Yeah, Quentin's last great film in my opinion was DJANGO UNCHAINED. I'm looking forward to JOHN WICK 3 as well. The plan is to see it on Thursday.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #971406
05/12/19 07:25 PM
05/12/19 07:25 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
I just watched Greenbook.

This movie has been placed in my top Ten and rate it a 5 out of 5

I watched all the credits at end and some of the documented facts regarding the film and correct me if I am wrong but I could swear the real life Guy who played the bodyguard driver is the Actor who played Senior Carmine Lupitazzi in Sopranos.

They had a picture of him and I would swear it was him.

Not positive

Page 46 of 90 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 89 90

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull